Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Top two strains for pain

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by amsterdammned, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Hello. I have been medicating with herb for several years. I am currently suffering from severe pain stemming from multiple car accidents, including being hit by a car in a crosswalk. I have a herniated disc; scoliosis; possible fybromyalgia. I have done a lot of research on strains for pain. I am legal but Oregon doesn't have dispensaries available where you can just go and get clones or meds, at least not that I am aware of.
    What I am looking for is a good strain with an overwhelming body stone, a strain with heavy resin content so I can get into concentrates. Currently I got some Reserva Privada's OG Kush, Sour Kush, and Martian Mean Green...TGA Subcools Vortex and Plushberry going.
    Should I be growing this gear, or is there something better for pain? I know everyone has their own cannibinoid receptors blah blah but I don't want to be wasting time on mids or schwag. I need top shelf meds and I have the ability to grow it, provided I have the genes.
    Thank you in advance for your help fellow tokers.
    Peace.

2. I thought Oregon was MMJ state? There's no dispensaries?

Anyways anything super heavy on the indica side is good for pain, if you need to smoke something during the day a hybrid i think would be good as long as you can handle it without falling asleep. You could also try growing some of the high cbd strains like Harlequin and those types. Also if you're going to grow you should harvest your plants a little late just until a good amount of the trichs start turning amber.

If you're really in serious pain you will probably have to smoke a lot and it can be pricey so i would look into concentrates to handle that.

Good luck.

3. Stash Jar???

4. In my jar is currently Hash Plant. It's stoney as hell but I need a step above. I realize I probably should have posted this question elsewhere. I think I can handle any indica out there. I have yet to find a "too strong" herb, which is what I am kind of looking for.

5. I think he means why is this in stash jar.. theres a medical marijuana section: Medical Marijuana - Grasscity.com Forums

But yea like that other guy said.. look for indicas.

6. Purp works well for pain.

Try sifting and packing a layer of good kief, making sure to use filters and screens appropriate for kief, and setting your vape to a much lower temp than recommended for ground herb. In fact, I recommend switching your vape to the lowest temp possible and gradually increasing to find the best setting. If done properly, vapors won't be thick or harsh but will induce coughing from high-concentration of cannabinoids in the hit. One average-size bowl should take awhile to exhaust unless you intend to get fuckin' trashed or let it get too hot. Very face-numbing, staggering, laughing, distorted vision, etc etc. Feelin' no pain. If you've smoked kief but never vaped properly before, then you're in for a surprise ... night and day.

7. Look for strains with high cbd concentrations, these tend to be indicas. Some examples would be ak47, and northern lights

8. There is a wellness center in Grant's Pass and some dispensaries in Portland, as well as one in coos bay..

9. Strains high in CBD...Blue Dream is one of the more avalible strains that I have found personally effective

10. #10 RussianHaze, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2012
    ak47 is known for its sative side that makes you mind race....personally its one of the strain i dislike the most except for cherry ak47 but regular i cant stand neither the smell or the nigh

@OP blackberry kush or og master kush or white rhino

11. The only real answer is Grape Ape. /thread

12. durban poison
    grand daddy purp
    chocolope
    orange crush
    afghan

im just naming the stuff thats put me out of commission before.

13. Purple Kush. 100% Indica.
    Black Domina. 100% Indica.
    Master Kush. Very close to Purple Kush.
    Maybe Grandaddy Purp or Grape Ape.

14. I have Fybromyalgia and decided to grow some Rasberry cough (Nirvana) after reading
    its supposed to be good for that.

After spending 18 weeks growing a few I was so upset.
    This stuff is extremely powerful however not on pain at all in fact it will increase your perception of pain.
    I also get tremors with it .

It seems perfect for those who would use it for meditation only.

I am so upset and hope anyone searching for info on this strain will find this and not waste there time and money.

15. Watching American Weed, the Stanley brothers said Bubba Kush is their number one selling strain for pain relief. I think they were saying good things about LA Confidential too, but I can't remember exactly. There was a couple good sativa's for pain as well.

16. The stanley brother's are fucking idiots but who am I too hate on them. With Ak it comes down to the phenotypes so you don't want to grow that strain.