Top ten bong liquids

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Karcinogen, Dec 14, 2010.

1. So I've tried alot of things in my bong over the time, and i decided to make the top 10 as it's such a frequently asked subject on GC (CAN I PUT THIS IN MY BONG!?) What i will say is that unless using a tried and tested liquid, use a lower-quality bong. I'd never put tea or cocoa in a RooR etc. without knowing the exact implications of doing so.

It took a lot of bong rips to come up with this list, and i think i even threw up a few times with a few... ahem, worse options. But i try to do my part for science. :smoke:

10. Cocoa-nut water

An unusual one making the top of our list here, but well deserved never the less. Can be obtained through a few ways, fresh cocoa-nut water is nice, but you can buy ground up cocoa-nut pieces in small bags. Add some to boiling water and allow to infuse, then cool. This one is best served cold in my opinion, too warm and it's a bit in your face. Nothing like kicking back in the sun with some chilled cocoa-nut juice in ya' bong. Quite a 2D taste that leaves you wanting something a bit beefy-er, hence the #10 spot.

9. Warm Cocoa

It's a love/hate relationship with number 9, hot cocoa. Some people find the mix of flavors unbearable, some really enjoy it. Definitely a strange taste but it can become very 'homely' after a while. Nothing i enjoy more than kicking back with this one on a cold winter night. A very filling smoke that produces a much heavier high than normal. Couch lock stones are sure to follow this one, so washing immediately after is a must, unless you want a sticky bong tomorrow.

8. Warm Ribena/blackcurrant

My dad told me about this one.. well, I don't think he meant it to be used in a bong.. but thats irrelevant.. ahaaa. Amazingly fruity hit, this is the one for the taste enthusiasts. Releasing copious amounts of vapor, this one is a great communal smoking experience as i find the actual taste doesn't wear away with use, unlike a few others. Experiment with a few drops of 'summer fruit' juice in their, or something along those lines until you get your personal favorite. I quite enjoy a raspberry and blackcurrant dilute i have at home. Keep it warm though, cold can be a dull and sticky smoking experience. Wash the bong immediatly after use with this bad boy, to avoid any sticky situations.

7. Water & Crushed ice

A well known one in 7th, and another personal favorite. The crushed ice really does an amazing job at cooling the smoke here, providing smooth hits but can be a little too cold at times. People with weak cheats/illnesses should avoid this one as it can leave you gasping for air. Simple and effective. A negative is that this is good for only a quick session before you have water level issues, but still.. definitely worth it for the clarity and smoothness of smoke. Great for those tastey strains.

6. Warm water

A respectable finish for warm water as it provides some of the smoothest hits possible without altering the taste. No sticky mess afterwards and not expensive like some extracts etc. Very full bodied flavors and great for nightcaps. Just kick back and chill with this one, great for body highs.

5. Mint & Chilled water

Ohohoh, one of my personal favorites creeping into 5th place. The mint can be obtained from a number of sources, but i find boiling mint leaves and leaving to chill in the fridge is the best. Anything will work though, from mint extracts through to Polos or other sweets. Provides a fresh hit to the face like no other, can be overwhelming and i have found my eyes watering on a few occasions so dilute as necessary. Can be stored in the bong for quite some time and wont leave stains. Another good one to use it warm-hot water and mint leaves inside the bong, the bubbling infuses the mint with water and releases lots of tasty vapor. This method can completely mask the taste of weed however, not advisable for use with Sir.dankalot.

4. Warm tea

Now, i don't like tea.. But for the interests of Bong-water-science, i felt obliged to try it. I have to say, an acquired taste but if you like tea, I'm sure you'll love it. Provides a very 'filling' smoke, almost as if you drank it. Very good for clearing blocked noses and to bring you up when your feeling a bit down. I would advise emptying after use with this one.. it can be tough to clean tea rings. Rinse out with warm water after use and you'll be just fine.

3. Lemon juice & Vanilla extract.

An unlikely combination sliding in at number 3. Provides an amazingly refreshing hit and the Vanilla helps to give body to the taste, just lemon juice is a bit overpowering and makes you do that weird thing with your nose sometimes, like when you first tried Vodka. A great thing about this is that it will remain fresh for a good day or so. Brilliant for energetic wake and bakes, find an uplifting and energizing strain, pack a bowl and leave until the morning.. AMAZING. Try diluting with water if you find the taste too overpowering.

2. Warm orange juice

Sneaking in at number 2 is humble OJ. But this isn't any OJ.. this is luke-warm OJ. Providing a full bodied and refreshing hit while complementing fruity strains in a unique way. A good way to warm the OJ up is to put a packed bong into warm water. Not only will this heat the OJ, but a glass bong will remain warm for a good 10 minuets, providing warm hits for a good bowl or so. Watch out for wet, slippy bongs though, although i never find this much of a problem. You can towl dry if really needed.

1. Fresh water.

Not much to say about this, we all know it's the best. Provides the true, full bodied flavor. The only problem i ever find with this is nasty aftertastes from real bad weed, but c'mon.. who's still smoking shit weed? ahaaa. Easily available and practically free, the #1 choice for sure! Try boiling and cooler, or filtering your water before use. I have a water filter anyway to fill my kettle, and the difference in clarity is actually visible. Filtered>Non filtered.

2. you forgot snow which should be numba 2

• Like Like x 1
  3. No jizz?

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 GanjaHaze, Dec 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2010

There is no way you could hit a Bong with only snow in it. It's great instead of ice to cool your hit, but I'm calling shenanigans on using it instead of water

5. "top ten bong liquids"

6. listerine and cold water is amazing

7. This is all very interesting... I always try to think of what else I can put other than water, but I always feel like water ends up being the best option... and apparently I'm right. Still, great list, and for shits and giggles I am probably going to try warm OJ sometime soon. It sounds really weird but interesting.

8. i'm not one to put many different things (liquids) into my bong, but nice list nonetheless! :hello:

9. Yes you can (sorry, i know it's off-topic). I packed snow in my bong sans water just yesterday, in fact. It's nice :hello:

• Like Like x 1
  10. The only thing that goes in my bong is filtered water..

• Like Like x 1
  11. #11 imadamnlegend, Dec 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2010
    I'm pretty sure that when hot smoke goes through the sugars in the juice some of them will be vaporized and inhaled, thus burning the lungs and turning back to solid. Obviously its fine once in a while, but i wouldnt do it everyday...

12. Haha love this post and definitely gunna try some of these. I have always liked experimenting with different liquids. Let the experimentation continue! :smoke:

+rep!

13. I don't understand why anyone would do that.
    Would you put rainwater in your bong?

14. Why not? :confused: and yes, I would put rainwater in my bong if it was the only water available :wave:

15. 10. Water
    9. Water
    8. Water
    7. Water
    6. Water
    5. Water
    4. Water
    3. Water
    2. Water
    1. You guessed it, Water.

• Like Like x 1

16. Don't get me wrong, i'm water 95% of the time.. but there are other reasons for using some of these than just taste.

Mint for example opens sinuses making a great for blocked noses.

17. ^This.
    I've experimented with other liquids, but I find that water is and always will be the only way to go. Sometimes I drop a breath mint or two in the water, adds a nice minty fresh taste. Besides that, water is the only thing entering my "bong hole." <-- Lmao im so baked... :smoke:

18. Yeah, hence water at #1. :hello:

This is more of a reference list for people who want to experiment. This way they can use safe and tested liquids, and know the taste etc. to expect.

Like I said, i'm water 95% of the time. :smoke:

19. Yeah I gotcha man. It's a great idea actually. I've seen people put some dumb things into bongs.. Sad, sad days those were..

I've found Kool-Aid is pretty nice in a bong. Gives it a real fruity flavor, but leaves a huge sticky mess if you don't clean it.

20. Yeah, i hear many people saying they won't try anything 'cause they don't want to mess their bong up, but just wash it out with warm water shortly after the session and it's fine. I've never had a problem.. :smoke: