Top stoner films of all time

Discussion in 'Movies' started by HempForVictory, Mar 26, 2006.

1. 1. Fear and Loathing
    2. The Big Lebowski
    3. How High
    4. Friday
    5. Cheech and Chong's Nice Dream
    6. Grandma's Boy
    7. Knocked Up
    8. Jacob's Ladder... the trippiest movie I've ever seen
    9. Fast Times at Ridgemont High
    10. Jay and Silent bob Strike's Back

Also any horror movie (especially Jacob's Ladder), Half Baked, and Dazed and Confused

2. damn I meant to put that on my list too! I re-watched it today and forgot how funny that movie is!

3. Saving Grace.

4. Grandma's Boy is awesome. And of course all the classics like Half-Baked, and the PSA Reefer Madness haha. The adaptation of A Scanner Darkly was good too I thought. I just don't like Keenu Reeves haha. But I can't wait for Pineapple Express.

5. I'm surprised you were the first to mention Waiting.

6. If you've never done it, watch Mallrats with the director commentary on. It is the funniest shit i've ever seen. It's got Kevin Smith, Jason Mewes, Jason Lee, Ben Affleck and Scott Mosier and they're all high as shit. It's an hour and a half of hilarious stoner banter, and they rag on Ben Affleck's acting skills the whole time. It's my favorite thing to watch while high.

7. well u guys have most of them already just gotta add

TRAILER PARK BOYS THE MOVIE

EDIT: ohhh and Baseketball (trey parker and matt stone baby gotta luv south park)
    not much to do w/ bud just funny as hell

8. Grandma's boy!
    And does The Big Lebowski count?
    How High
    Half Baked
    Kush
    uhhhhhh Hardball? (i think thats what its called, its about baseball, has keanu reeves or some shit) hahaha that has some drug involved scenes, but I dont think it qualifies
    City of God/ Rio De Janeiro

9. Co-signed.

This movie is hilarious, and the girl you're referring to is Anna Faris. She does a fantastic job in that movie.

10. Guys, watch The Cell blazed.

11. All I have to say is...Slater from D&C is my idol. He is how I want to live my life.

12. 1. Dazed and Confused.
    2.Fast Times at Ridgemont High
    3.The Wall
    4. Half Baked
    5. SLC Punk!
    6. Oh, and any Kevin Smith movie.

I watched D&C with a friend, and he said to me "It's so great to have a friend liek Slater. That friend would be you, by the way."
    I have never recieved a better compliment.

13. ya i was thinking of "waiting..." the whole time

I love also the view askewniverse but affleck's acting in mallrats really bugs me. lol hes so bad at being a tough guy

i also like thirteen,
    beauty and the beast,
    neverending story,
    platoon, and
    joe dirt

i gotta at least get props for neverending story, huh?

14. Hey if anyone has access to foreign films get "heaven". It's in part english, part italian. its not trippy, but it's about like "taking morality into your own hands" pretty too bc its filmed real contemporary and modern. not trippy but a 'makes you think' stoner movie.

genuinely interested people might also like "water" about an 8 yr old widow in india or "osama" about a girl growing up during the taliban regime. theyre so good! :)

i saw "metropolis" in a film class and that was pretty trippy too. about like, big business and poor tired people

15. i cant believe no one has mentioned... THE TOP Stoner films of all time!

1. Donnie Darko
    2. Heavy Metal
    3. Natural Born Killers

If not the top Stoner films of all time,
    then definitely the top films to watch STONED.

16. Salt Lake City Punks...

17. Ok heres my list in no particular order.... Ill start with a hilarious movie that is one of my favorites and no one has mentioned it yet.....

A Night At The Roxbury - Hilarious with Will Farrell and Chris Kattan, stupid funny
    How High - Stoner classic, funny as hell
    Grandmas Boy - Another classic, has even non stoners laughing their asses off
    Super Troopers - Meow. Enough said. Haha
    Half Baked - Classic, one of the best, never gets old
    Rolling Kansas - Alot of stupidly funny moments
    Anchor Man - Not mentioned yet, I thought it was hilarious
    Scary Movies 1 & 3 - 1 was the best with shorty and 3 was funny, others werent great
    Friday & Next Friday - Friday was classic, Next Friday was missing Smokey
    Dude Wheres My Car - Crazy movie, funny as hell
    Dazed And Confused - Classic, and true view on life growing up
    Waiting - Had me laughing because of how they could be doing that in real life.....
    Undercover Brother - Classic with Eddie Griffin and Dave Chappelle

18. THE BIG LEBOWSKI, hands down my favorite movie ever.

19. i think i read that same list in a recent time magazine

20. got a boot leg copy of dark knight prolly the sickest movie of the summer for sure i honeslty got scared when the joker had a few scenes felt like a little bitch