Top Soil

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by UpAndComer, Jul 20, 2014.

1. so where im from there is no soil that contains no slow realease fert but the top soil at my hardware department has nothing in it  i know that top soil on its own if i were to water it it woud be clumpy and sludgy so if i would do a 50% top soil mix and 50% perlite the bigger granules say area mass of around 1 cm in diameter give or take some mms of the perlite would this be ok? 

2. bear in mind im using hydrofarm dirt pot it is a fabric pot that is super airated and the best drainage being that its fabric and all 

3. I don't see why not as long as you amend it. I would probably add some humus and worm castings also. I Don't get what you were getting at with the slow released ferts, but if you are planning on using a dry, all in one fertilizer, then this should have at least 30% slow release N in it's ingredients. Keep it Green! Peace!

4. Dude I hate to sound like a dick but even with the perlite, I don't think you're going to like it.

Ugh, I can't stand top soil.

5. thats alright its just that any store bought soil i get has little beads in them that are slow realease fertilzer i want to feed my own sit so what about 50% perlite 25% vermiculite and 25% top soil?

and i was getting at all my store bought potting mixes have there own preloaded ferts in them for up to 6 months and i dont want that i just want soil to grow in so i can adjust my own feeds