Top scientists say taking drugs helps them

Discussion in 'General' started by Fizzly, Jul 29, 2012.

1. This link goes to the John Stossel show from last week: Stossel - What You Think You Know

At around 18:00 a segment starts where an author explains to John that one-fifth of scientists worldwide admit to taking drugs and that it helps them to be creative -- including a Nobel Prize winner who said he wouldn't have won the prize without taking drugs. Haha!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is that scientist: J/K :D

[​IMG]

2. That's awesome haha!

3. Drugs man...what would the world be without them?

4. Pioneering the study of coughing and choking ass off

5. [quote name='"ProvidencePlant"'][/quote]

What's his name again?

6. Carl Sagan

7. The guy in the picture I posted? Carl Sagan.

8. Thanks! I watched something with him a couple days ago and really like him!

9. TL : DW which drugs did they take?

10. The example that they gave was

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDl0qPfkSRw]The Beatles - Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds - YouTube[/ame]

But i'm sure, it's a plethora of different substances.

11. Damn, I recognized the face but couldn't figure out who it was! That pik was taken a LONG time ago. :(

Did you mean by Sagan? (He's been dead since mid-90s). Or did you mean John Stossel? :confused:

12. [quote name='"Fizzly"']

Damn, I recognized the face but couldn't figure out who it was! That pik was taken a LONG time ago. :(

Did you mean by Sagan? (He's been dead since mid-90s). Or did you mean John Stossel? :confused:[/quote]

No it's Carl Sagan. It looked line it was from the 80's so I'm sure it was him.

13. [​IMG]

14. #15 Hellawacked, Jul 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2012
    that guy just made okay things that aren't the only thing i have to congratulate him for is coming up with creative new excuses to ignoring problems

Edit: sorry its just fox theres lies and truth in odd amounts

15. Doesn't surprise me at all.