Top main cola slightly burned by light, not growing much, should I cut?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Sinister, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Hey guys thanks for checking out my thread.. Heres the rundown of whats up.

I have did many indoor grows and I use a t5 light, almost every grow I have that one plant that grows really tall and always is leaps and bounds ahead of the others.. Well anyways last grow I did last year I had a few like that and the top of them would hit the light during the dark cycle and maybe sit there for an hour or so when the lights switched back on before I found them and raised the light.

Well those top colas got ruined by this and grew airy worthless bud that wasn't nearly the quality of the other parts of the same plant..

I am growing Shark Attack (white widow x super skunk) and all of them were pretty medium height besides 1 that kept growing into my damn light.. Now I am at week 5 flowering and all of them have nice buds and a good top cola except for this one which the top is slightly deformed and not doing much and right below it are same really nice going prime buds right below where the main cola is (should be).

My question is I am debating on chopping the top of it completely off right above the nice nuggets so that all of the deformed stuff that got slightly burnt is gone. Would this help my yield overall? I know leaving it there its not gonna do much except produce some shit I have to roll joints with maybe..

If anyone has any insight id love to hear it or past experience with this same issue, I am sorry in advance it is impossible to post a picture.

Thanks.