Top leaves twisting/curling.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ismokeplentybud, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Temps are at 85, about 16" from the hps. They have a slight breeze from the fans wind bouncing off the walls. Only the top leaves are curling, im using ocean forest and when the cotyledons started yellowing a gave one watering of Fox farm grow big, a teaspoon to a gallon of water. The plants have almost been moist since day 1 so i think its time to give it a break on watering. What would you guys suggest the problem is?

Attached Files:

2. #2 specsGa, Mar 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2010
    My first guess is over watering. The stretch on one of your pics seems a bit much, but it could be me.
    Also after looking at the pic again, you might want to transplant, as that plant may have tapped out the bottom now (root bound).

3. Stretch is most likely the fact that i cant keep them under one light for a full cycle because i jumped the gun on sprouting the seeds when i got them. I didnt finish up my last grow so for the 12 hours my hps is off i pop them under a 100w incandescent it is obviously not a strong enough light but within a week or two i should be able to put them on an 18-6 cycle.... Im going to hold out on watering.... suprisingly these are the weirdest sprouts ive seen and i used to know nothing of growing. I think im being way to cautious and overdoing it. If you look at the smaller guy thats greenhouse seeds The Church the leaf is doing this weird split thing.

4. Also i doubt they are rootbound yet the lemon skunk pictured is only 3 weeks old at this point. And I want to LST so i guess my next question would be when to transplant and begin training them do you think according to the pictures and strain if anybody knows out there haha.

5. Any other suggestions on what the problem might be? I added a little extra fan to control temps better and i raised my lamp, if temp is the case which im thinking it may be. But suggestions and people who have had previous experience with the issue please let me know...... I am also smoking some pretty wonderful chronic out of my brand new bong i bought today. I didnt expect it to be this good, i grew it myself and i had hermie problems therefore i few seeds here and there. Very stoney high not what i like usually but its extremely euphoric and enjoyable. I named the bong Victory because i cut one of my plants down to dry today and it felt like pure sucess. It was $170 from a local shop its a pink delta nine with a sick frosted geisha image, icecathcer and percolated ashcatcher.... pictures included. I am also letting my cannabutter cool and sperate in the fridge at the moment as well, so i would say this is victory. I'd say my past 24 hours was quite successful. Might i add its 4:40 am... It took quite some time just to trim one plant today, i got so in depth with it. Trichs were literally falling off the branches if i accidentally bumped it a little bit. Looks awesome though, should be curable in a week or so i hope!... Pictures of that included as well, inside the new piece as if it were a vase. Just check it.

Attached Files:

6. #6 piper32, Mar 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2010
    What is your humidity at? If it's high and the soil has remained moist and exposed to light just be careful of fungus or mold, but other than that I would simply wait until a dry period before watering again. Maybe try to get temp down under 80. Hope it helps.

P.S. what is the wattage of the light, is it air cooled? If it is 1000w the directions in my 1000 watt light said 2-6 feet away from the canopy. I am thinking temp or humidity is the issue. Do the leaves feel dry and crackly or smooth and moist?

7. I personally would transplant the taller one. I think three weeks in a 16 ounce cup is 1 week too long. I believe that the tap root is bigger than the stretch you have above the top of the cup. I would transplant now at least with that one. Some strains don't grow that fast but you should get rid of the incandescent light and get a cfl bulb at least or a tube floro.

Just my 2c

8. Twisted leafs= ph...
    check ur runoff... you want it 6.5-6.8...

9. Im using ocean forest so i didnt think it could be the ph my water is ph'd properly too. Where can i get a cheap soil tester online i only have the litmus paper.

10. will replace with cfl tonight and transplant tommorow most likely, thank you for the suggestions. I knew a cfl would do me better than the incandescent i just have a really bright 100w so i figured it'd do good for the time being til i can finish up the last 2 plants i have. One little midget is taking forever making me think its not even moving on and the tall ass one looks ready but the crystals havent changed over yet.

11. Did not get a cfl in there, instead i cut down the rest of my plants. I now have to spray the walls with bleach and clean it up a bit. I transplanted to bigger plant roots werent too long but since i put it in some new soil it had to be watered a bit more. Others are still drying out a bit for now. It seems like the leaves are getting a bit better. My new sprout looks healthy but for some reason the church is doing some weird crap. It stretched real high and only made a set of 2 first leaves besides the cotyledons. But one of the leaves splits right down the middle, i didnt do it it was in the genetics or something.