top leaves droopy on 2 plants only....?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Groregon, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Hello! Here is the important information:

1 600 Watt HPS Light at roughly 15 inches
    2 - Paradise Seeds Wappa
    2 - Bag seed
    Week 2 of flower
    growing in ocean forest soil
    3 gallon Air Pots
    Water Phd to roughly 6.5 each time
    Given 1/2 dose of grow nutes last time and 1 wappa has been given 1/2 dose of bloom, the other haven't dried out enough yet, full dose of cal-mag given
    Temps have been a bit colder. 65 during light on. 55 at night.

So the 2 wappa plants are my trouble makers. The 2 bag seed look really healthy, although I did give them a bit too much nitrogen so they have the claw.

The 2 wappa plants have very thin leaves at the top and they are both drooping a little bit at the tops only. I gave the front plant water+bloom+cal/mag just to see if it would perk up and it really didn't, looks about the same. This was about 24 hours ago. I did also just raise the light from about 12 inches to 15 inches to see if that will help.

The back plant is drooping worse on but the soil meter still says the soil is quite damp, edging on wet. I put an additional fan to see if I can get them to dry out a bit quicker. I've never had plants that only droop at the top. Any ideas on this one?

Edit: The photo ending in 20 is about 1 hour after the lights turned on. The other 2 photos are about 15 minutes before the lights turned off.

Attached Files:

2. Often with these situation the issue is in the root zone, perhaps not enough air in the soil

with FFOF I always advise to add 20-30% perlite or river sand for air ration and avoid root compaction

above all extract the plant and examine the root zone for discolored roots or that stiny sock smell suggesting root rot

good luck

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks for the response vostok. I did add 30% perlite to the mix, forgot to mention that. it's in an smartpot so it might be a bit difficult to pull the root ball out of the pot. I'll see what I can see/smell though. Normally I have a bunch of root sticking out of the pot by now and I guess I haven't noticed if that is the same with this grow. Thanks again, I think I'm heading down the right path.

• Like Like x 1