top leave on main stem

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by probenit94, Jan 14, 2010.

1. the top leaves aound the main stem are turning yellow green is like a blended color bettween the both it look cool lol but i am not sure that is right. the leave look wieird too. they have like no more shape to them. and only have 3 leaves on one and the other ones are just single leaves. is this normal or is the light to close to it. i have a 150 hps over one plant and i had it like bettween 3 to 4 inchs away but i do have a fan blowing on the light too it doesnt seem to hot with the back of my hand. but it looks like the leaves are getting sun bleached. i just raised the light about 5 to 6 inchs away just to be safe or is that too far away to do anything now. any help would be helpfully thanks

2. It would help a lot if you could post a picture. :smoking:

3. really do not think its smart to do that

4. cant anybody track where the pics come from??

5. I dont think you have anything to worry about lol.

6. Grasscity information is stored in amsterdamn and your info is safe from the us government.

7. ok but what do u think it would be have u ever heard anything about that

8. Dude good thinkin, nothin will happen. But nothin will ever happen to the people who dont allow. Good job keepin your head up

9. Its only unsafe to post pics if your camera geo-tags pictures,

Like I-phones.

Codescrapers can find your stuff then.

up yours apple

10. ok just wonder has anybody heard anything like that. can a hps light bleach the leaves if to close

11. because the leaves are not burnt. but they fell like leather and the are just a blend between green and yellow.

12. And it could be a few things...depends on what it really looks like. Hey just search the internet and find a pick that looks just like it ;)....and post it up. We all know its not yours. Could be an Iron problem, could be a light problem, could be a nutrient block from salt build up, could be what youre feeding it (over feeding/under feeding)...When ya ask help questions especially without any pics ya gotta post the essentials. They have a list of things you should always let people know.

How old?
    Average Temps night/day?
    Light Cycle?
    Strain?
    Substrate?
    Nutrients and feeding chart?
    Last time flushed?
    What is the PH of the run off?
    What ph are you watering at?
    What kind of area is it in (plenty of fresh air?)
    Do you only have one?
    The lighting schedule?
    And pretty much anything you know let us know...

13. Its not bleaching it or sun fading em...you cant sun fade an alive leaf or plant, considering it goes through photosynthesis with the light and that turns it green. Yes we have heard about this but there a lot of factors and variables. Leather eh? You need to get a thermostat/temp gun and take the temp at the canopy at the peak temp. That could be a burn, meaning the temps got hot enough to burst some of the cells, causing areas to brown. The cells burst (well more collapse) once the respiration of the plant exceeds the amount of water being taken to the leaves (higher temps more respiration). but if it is more of a yellow coloring like I said there is a lot of possibilities depending what they look the most like. Could be almost any problem the plant faces...considering yellow to green leaves are symptoms of many many things.

14. ok i guess i wlll have to get a pic. i have no idea what strane it is. and i have one plant under a 150 hps. i have never flused it. i am using bio grow- bio bloom and top max. i have fresh air and everything. gallon pots with light mix. soil. its the only the top leaves that look like that that. is just the leaves around the main bud. and only have been flowering for 4 weeks

15. Is the yellowing consistent across the entire plants leaves? or just the top? Or more towards the bottom?

16. Ah there ya go you already answered it...if its the top leaves I am guessing (just a guess without a pic) that it was a temp problem. Considering if you have nutrient problems it is usually consistent throughout the entire plant. And if you have a salt build up usually it affects the oldest leaves towards the bottom (the bigger shade leaves). Got a ph tester? I wouldnt say the plant is old enough to have any natural "dying" especially on newer growth. Sometimes if ya take an indica dominant strain to like 10 weeks especially if ya got cooler nights some of the larger leaves will look like fall colors..."ya know what im sayin?" -J-Rok 'Trailor Park Boys'

17. yea the leaves on the top are looking yellow and green like a blend between the both colors. it looks really cool. and than the bottom leaves are just getting yellow spots on a couple. but the top is completely different. the top just looks weird its just like a blend between green any yellow thro the hole leave. and the plant looks really good. maybe i just had the light to close. becuase they are not burning. and the leaves are only on the main stem where the bud is.

18. #19 Rob Zombie, Jan 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2010
    Man, I had something like it when my plants were younger.

They used to get a little "yellowish/green" and not that really greenish green. It was a consistent color, almost 100% pure.

Things I changed that made the dif. (I don't know which one really was responsible for it):

-Transplanted 'em to bigger bucket. They were root bound.
    -Turned my fan to the side. It was blowing straight on the leaves. It was drying the soil too fast.
    -The lights were very close. But since it was 90W CFL for 2 plants, I don't think this was even enough for them.

Imho, Being rootbound was one of the minor problems. The lights were not the problem. Neither was temperature. What I think it really was, was the the fan, drying the leaves too fast. When I redirected it, and put them on new soil, they started to grow better and in a matter of 4 or 5 days, the leaves were dark green!

Hope this help.

PS.: The yellowing on the bottom leaves could be normal leaf degradation due to flowering period. It's expected. Just keep a close eye on it.

PS2.: I had this plant, that turned out to be a male. It was really weyrd. When I topped it, it started giving irregular growths. After 10 days into flowering, it started yellowing the top leaves and putting strange leaves, with 3 or 4 fingers. In a matter of 3 days it decayed very swiftly. On the third day it was totally droopy, stems were bent, leaves were looking bad, some dryed, some brown, some blended. Since It showed signs of being male, I decided to chop it off right away and take the whole thing out of the box. Idk what it was, I think it was bad genetics. But I was affraid it could be some kind of fungus or disease. So the soil was thrown out, also.

19. Hmm well I am using the word "burn" in the loose sense of got too hot. But heat doesnt always show like a mix of the colors more seperated...although it can. I know what you are talking about when ya say the color, but that's only because a lot of things make this happen. For me and my coco it seems to be calcium or iron, especially in the beginning. The coco fibre kinda steals some nuts from the get go.