Top Leafs yellowing / burning on one plant?!?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 420inaction, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Hey guys,
    I'm having trouble with this one plant. I am runnning all the same strain Aurora Indica but this ones tops of the buds are starting to yellow / burn. Every other plant looks perfectly green. This one is actually one of the lowest from the light so it cant be light burn so I'm getting pretty confused. I'm using H&G A&B, Nirtrogen Boost (Veg), Magic Green (Veg), B1 (Veg) Bud XL (Flower), Sweet (Flower), Bud Candy (Flower), Mollasses, Top Booster (last watering) (Flower), Top Shooter the next (3 waterings) (Flower), and FFOF Soil. Always 6.3 pH level before watering.

Like I said its this ONE plant :mad2:

Thanks for the help guys!

[​IMG]

2. Not sure but its nornally a copper lock out wen tops - flowers go yellow. May just be the weeker plant. Try watering wi clean ph water for a while. See if that helps. Hope it goes ok xx

3. It looks like it's got a serious case of nute burn to me. If you don't use a EC/TDS tester when mixing your feeds, then you're just guessing about the ppm's of the mix and it's quite easy to mix up feeds too strong. Personally, I think people use WAY too many chemicals in their plants anyway. Nutes are a source of food for the plant...not some sort of nuclear booster that a lot of people think. What really grows big buds is the amount of lighting during the flower cycle that the plant gets. Your goal should be just to keep the plant as healthy as possible before going into the flower cycle. You'll always see doubling or tripling of growth once you flip the light cycle...if you've got good strong lighting for flowering. But your plant looks pretty scorched to me which usually comes from nute burn. You can have 10 plants, all from the same batch of seed or cloned from the same mother, and you will discover that there will always be one or two problem plants out of the bunch....sort of like problem children. I inevitably have one or two plants with each run that I just can't put my finger on what they're doing. The flush was probably the right move with this one. Just be very careful when you start back feeds and go very low on the dilution of your feed solution. The manufacturers would have you believe that growing these things requires a LOT more nutrients than it actually does. Of course they want you to pour it to them...so you have to come back and buy more of the expensive stuff. We switched from using the bottled nutrients to using "Jack's" by J.R. Peters a couple of years ago. A grower friend of mine out in Southern California recommended it to me. It's a dissolvable powder 2-part pack....veg and flower, that is easy to use, the plants thrive with it and it costs about 1/10th what the other options do. We typically flower around 25-30 plants at a time under 4, 1000 watt hps bulbs...harvesting about every 9-10 weeks and I can buy enough Jack's to last me well over a year for less than $20. Can't beat that with a stick. LOL Good luck. Hope your plant starts feeling better. TWW