Top Drip Hydrosystem

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by shawnadame, Nov 19, 2012.

1. im thinking about making this hydroponics top drip system in this video:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-M6DfeIETA&feature=plcp]DIY Hydroponics Top Drip Bucket System - YouTube[/ame]
    I just asked around and ive found a lot of equipment to start my first grow without spending too much money.
    Would this system work well?
    or can someone send me in the right direction of a top drip design that is money friendly? like materials and a how to

2. Yeah that's they pretty standard single contained drip system. It's a good way to go if you are growing one plant, or multiple strains. If you are growing multiple plants, I wouldn't recommend this method (checking PH when they get big is a bitch) and instead look into having a common res and attaching the buckets together.
    I didn't have my volume on, but it seemed like he tossed a water pump in there? I would look at getting a cheaper airpump and connecting it to those waterfarm pumping columns and drip ring.
    ( GENERAL HYDROPONICS: WaterFarm see "FarmKit" on page, can be found a lot of places online)

3. Thank you for the info!
    However I am not sure exactly how to attach a separate resvoir. Can anyone help with this?
    I see now that it will be cheaper than using one pump per plant

4. Hi, i agree that checking the PH would be tough when you in full flower, the top feed drip system works well for mutiple plants sharing one res. Good when growing the same strain.

here is a photo of how i connect my top feeders and how i drain them you could use this style on a smaller scale for 1 or 2 plants.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its pretty straight forward you just need 19mm hoses for water drainage, 12mm for the pump and 4mm for the top feed, buckets, cable ties and plumbing parts eg, T,s and elbows for the water drainage.

i have used this system for years. this was my old horizontal grow setup but i still top feed for vertical growing.

good way to grow 1 or 100 plants.

good luck.

5. My top feed system has one 12' long res at the end of the room and 4-12' long slightly sloped ramps that run perpendicular to and terminate over the res. The buckets sit on the ramps and are top fed with a pump in the res using 1/2" main lines with 1/4" lines from them to each of the buckets. The buckets drain onto the ramps and gravity returns excess to the res.
    Simple and inexpensive to build and operate

6. Thank for the information of Drip Hydro System. They are beautiful standard single contained drip system. Its good way to grow a multiple strain of plant.