Top Coffeeshops in Amsterdam

Discussion in 'General' started by Gavlar, Aug 9, 2010.

1. I'm off to Amsterdam in 4 weeks and cannot wait!!!

However i've heard a lot of people talk about the red light district coffeeshops being very overpriced and a poor quality of green.

I'll be staying in the centre of Amsterdam and I'm wondering what are the best coffeeshops to check out over there?

2. Barney's
    De Dampkring
    Grey Area
    Amnesia
    Rookies
    De Kuil
    Greenhouse
    Greenplace
    Mellow Yellow
    Old Church

3. My favorites are Rookies and Dolphins.

4. cheers anyone else got anything :D

5. I was just in amsterdam lastweek.
    The grasshopper is overpriced but its a nice place to chill.
    I loved the sheeba, make sure you use their vaporiser its pretty dope and they have iced tea on tap and bongs for you to use, plus the chick behind the bar is heaps cool aswell.

6. #6 Hashimoto, Aug 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2010
    I was also in Amsterdam last week :)
    All/most the places mentioned above are well-known tourist traps TBH :eek:

the best place IMO is Blue Bird.
    Amsterdam Coffeeshop Directory - Bluebird coffee shop

EVERYTHING they have is awesome.
    i bought diffrent types of ice there,that was amazing...never been so stoned in my life..n they also had a REALLY good Amnesia haze.

7. also...i noticed...most places in amsterdam have REALLY "wet" weed..(or not dried prop)...i guess thats how dutch people like it...but greenhouse & blueBird had some really dry good ish. :smoke:

8. avoid grasshopper, they have some very nice strains but a very limited selection, also you can tell its extremely commercial as the seats are uncomfy and the atmosphere isnt amazingly chillin, like they want you buy your grade, smoke one zoot and move on

Laughing Man was one of my favourites they sold some especially nice super silver haze and cheese, proper bum tings. Also the sofas there are sooo nice and they play great music, mostly dub reggae if you like that kinda thing.

9. Grasshopper was really chill when i went last week.
    Blokes at the counter were really helpful and i didn't mind the smoking room.
    They sold me a grasshopper pipe and grinder for like 15 euro i was pretty stoked at that

10. Barney's has some of the best strains.. probably the most cannabis cup winners.

11. #11 weedhead420, Aug 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2010
    Here are a list of some of my favorite coffeeshops and a short description of why I like them so much:

Barneys- although they have a cocky attitude, they have the weed to back it up...their utopia haze is some of the best weed you will ever smoke

Dampkring (original)- Great location and really cool staff...their weed is top notch and their riffman hash is amazing....the only negative I can think of is that it is usually crowded and they play some wierd music

Abraxas too- Although they do not have the best weed their interior decor makes up for it...its like walking into a hobbit hole. Whatever you do DO NOT PUT YOUR FEET UP

Amnesia- a sister shop of barneys they have just as goood of weed but with more of a chilled attitude, they also open up early....if they still have some "nightshade" I suggest trying some, it is my favorite indica

Grey area- A VERY small american run shop, some of the best weed in the dam though and their "nethercrystal"(kief, only 18e/g) is to die for...they also have ROORS for customers use

Greenhouse centrum- AMAZING WEED and even better location( it was being renovated last time I was there). The great thing about greenhouse is their selection, you will be left in awe

Hunters- A Coffeeshop right on the outskirts of the red-light district, the great thing about this shop is that you can buy weed at the CS and then go right next door to their bar and smoke while enjoying a drink...very friendly staff too

Hill Street Blues- Right acroos the street from hunters, it is a large shop with a "graffitti" interior theme. their weed is priced right and I love their music selection( breaks and D&B)

BaBa- this coffeshop attracts a younger crowd and usually plays EDM....their weed selection is not the best but they provide good pieces for use and IMO have the best location of any coffeeshop

Basjoe- Home of the "Terminator" ...one of the strongest ICE hashes around(60e/g), James is extremely friendly too( gave me a gram for free)

Easytimes- by the leidseplein, this coffeshop has THE COOLEST STAFF and easily the best edibles...their weed selection is also nice( northern lights x5) but unfortunatly in my experiances their hash is not up to par. They also have live djs on the weekends

Paradox- a small "arsty" shop in the joordan...one of the most relaxed atmosphers you will ever encounter..they also sell snacks

Tweede Kamer- The original dampkring, this shop is very small but has a very nice wood finish to it...the people who work here tend to be cocky but they have the nugs to prove it. Where most coffeshops have small nugs they have some quite big ones and they are more than happy to show you their selection

Bushdocotor(rembrantplein)- A reggea shop that I did not particulalrly like....why did it make the list you ask? Because they have without a dobut the best ICE hash selection in the dam

Noon- a lot of people do not like this shop because it is always filled with locals and they usually do not take kindly to foreigners..with that said if you take a chance and talk to them it could be one of your favorites....(one night they handed around a big plate of brownies for everyone to eat...completely free). their weed is also amazinly cured

Katsu- In the "Albert Cyup market", it is a colerful shop that has great weed for great prices, the main reason it makes this lise is because it is by "BurgerMeester"...which is where you can get ne of the best burgers in your life

Rokerij(leidseplein)- like walking into an Indian opium den...It is in the leidseplein and has a good slection of weed other may not, also the coolest interior design by far.

Homegrown fantasy- Get the "cheese" ....trust me

As far as which coffeeshops you should not visit...Bulldog, Grasshopper, Rastababy and I know some people will get mad at me for saying this but old church...it might have an amazing location(across for oude kerk) but their weed is not up to par

12. Awesome man.

Thank you very much! :D