Top 5 rap albums of all time?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Illmattic24, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Its hard to narrow it down to just 5 but here's what I'm feelin
    1. Illmatic-Nas
    2. The Chronic-Dr.Dre
    3. Ready To Die-Notorious BIG
    4. Reasonable Doubt-Jay-Z
    5. The Infamous-Mobb Deep

Honorable Mention: Enter 36 chambers-Wu-Tang, 2001-Dr.Dre, Doggystyle-Snoop Dogg, All Eyez On Me-2pac, Lifestylz Of Tha Poor And Dangerous-Big L

If you don't agree, coo..
    Donnt hate
    What do you guys think?

2. #2 nzstoner, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2012
    1.Chronic 2001-Dr Dre
    2.Marshall Mathers LP/Eminem Show-Eminem
    3.Illmatic-Nas
    4.Revolutionary Volume 2-Immortal Technique
    5.Doggystyle-Snoop Dogg

Honorable mentions would be...
    The documentary
    Chronic
    Slim Shady Lp
    Ready to die
    All eyez on me
    The Blueprint
    Graduation
    Get Rich Or Die Trying

3. Rev volume 2 is dope.. doesn't get a lot of recognition but its ill on its own level for sure

4. Agreed on number 1 and 5 :smoke:

5. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ridin' Dirty is GOAT

6. 1. Wu-Tang - 36 Chambers

2. Nas - Illmatic
    3. Kool Keith - Cenobites
    4. Eminem - The Slim Shady LP
    5. Method Man - Tical

7. [quote name='"Paperhouse"']

Ridin' Dirty is GOAT[/quote]

Ugk is coo I just wouldn't put the album on the all time list. I feel lik bun b is highly more talented then pimp c (rip) which takes a toll on the whole album..atliens however is one of my all time favs such a deep and well mastered album from start to finish.. tical is sick as well

8. LOTPAD is GOAT IMO

the realness by cormega

9. Eric B and Rakim - Paid in Full (this has to be on anyones list..listen to the beats and lyrics and see who and what they would soon inspire)

GZA - Liquid Swords

I just wanted to add those 2 since most of the others already were named :

Honorable Mentions:

Little Brother - minstrel show, Nas - it was written, DOC - no one can do it better, beastie boys license to ill, Roots - phrenology, Big L - livestyles of da poor and dangerous,

10. [quote name='"ImWithWhatever"']Eric B and Rakim - Paid in Full (this has to be on anyones list..listen to the beats and lyrics and see who and what they would soon inspire)

GZA - Liquid Swords

I just wanted to add those 2 since most of the others already were named :

Honorable Mentions:

Little Brother - minstrel show, Nas - it was written, DOC - no one can do it better, beastie boys license to ill, Roots - phrenology, Big L - livestyles of da poor and dangerous,[/quote]

This is deefinatelt true about eric b and rakim , personally I'm not a huge fan but I can definately see the roots to a lot of hip hop acts originating there. However I feel many rappers in the 90's jumped on the eric b and rakim bandwagon and tried to jock there ideas , a few of them for ex. Nas, nottorious, jay z, in my opinion were able to take the influence and actually create a much better piece of music from it. Shout out to big l too, dudes fire its a damn shame his career was cut so early.

11. Illimatic is the shit!!!!

12. Oh yeah nas has said many times rakim was a great influence on him. He was one of the 1st people using that internal rhyming pattern and was a really lyrical dude in the era of breakdancing and party beats ya know?

I may not listen to Rakim often, but ill get into little kicks where ill listen to him for a few days straight, and he never ceased to amaze me. His solo album 18th letter also amazing