Top 3 Miyazaki Movies

Discussion in 'Movies' started by dragonite, Jan 14, 2014.

1. 1. Princess Mononoke2. Spirited Away3. Howl's Moving CastleGotta catch'em all!

2. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1389724369.861122.jpg Gotta catch'em all!

3. Dude I fucking loved spirited away!! Me and my brother about a month ago saw the dragon from it and we spent like 20 min typing random shit into google till we found itSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. 1. Castle In The Sky
    2. My Neighbor Totoro
    3. Spirited Away

5. Princess Mononoke
    Castle in the sky
    Porco Rosso
    Honorable mention: spirited away

So glad I got to see mononoke in theaters.

6. Gotta change mine up and add Nausicaa of the valley of wind. Oh gosh that one is too good.

7. 1. Howl's Moving Castle2. Spirited Away3. Naussica, Valley of the WindsThat was tough call! I had to put Howl's first though because of the incredible scope of the story and the world. I love the broad fantasy feel of it. Same reason Spirited away gets second, incredible characters with a moving story. I chose Naussica because of the uncommon theme expressed so creatively-treating life with care. The animation is really top-notch too.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. I'll rate the three Miyazaki films I've seen.

1. My Neighbour Totoro
    2. Nausicaa of the Wind of the Valley
    3. Spirited Away

I like the first two a lot, but I'm not so hot on Spirited Away. It's got a lot of imagination it it, but I feel that it suffocated the story which wasn't that great anyway. It just felt like showing off for 2 hours. I like his other two films because they had much stronger and more established characters and stories.

9. That's a hard one. I 'd have to go with Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle as 1 and 2 respectively. 3 would be between Princess Mononoke and My Neighbour Totoro.

All of his films are just genius though. Love them to bits!

10. Haha it's hard to limit to just the top 3

Gotta catch'em all!

11. To be honest, my all-time favorite work of him is Heidi, it's funny how at just at age 8 or 9 I was so attracted to his work without realizing.

3 picks huh? Haha.  This is complicated... cause I appreciate each one of his works. But I won't think too much and just type what comes to mind.

1. Howl's Moving Castle
    2. Spirited Away
    3. My Neighbor Totoro

Anyone seen The Wind Rises yet?  Unfortunately the local theaters here are not showing it. Will have to wait until is ready on DVD.