Top 10 rappers

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by tokerface, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Illmatic is the greatest hip-hop album of all time bro. Listen and learn padawan. :cool:

2. Huh I like his rhyme style ok but I'm just nit feeling the beats of the 3 songs I listened to. Look up night prowler by living legends or blissless yield by sapient

3. Just listen to Illmatic in it's entirety. Nas isn't about the beats bro, it's all about the lyricism.

4. [quote name='"pinacolaaadas"']
    Just listen to Illmatic in it's entirety. Nas isn't about the beats bro, it's all about the lyricism.[/quote]

Lyrics are important but I can't listen to a song if I don't like how it sounds.. I'll look up illmatic

5. Fucking lol'd. Actually listen to an artist before you make an opinion.

6. [quote name='"BUDDAMUNK"']

Fucking lol'd. Actually listen to an artist before you make an opinion.[/quote]

Well usually I only like the top three tracks of an artist anyway I'm pretty picky about rap just my tastes

7. Go on Last.FM or iTunes (or any other radio sites), and listen to the 30 second previews. I know they're only 30 seconds, but you can sample tracks from the whole album and still get a better feel for it than if you were to listen to only 3 tracks.

8. Here we go.

1. Mos def
    2. Common
    3. Nippsey hustle
    4. Chip tha ripper
    5. Los
    6. Neako
    7. Tech nine
    8. Currency
    9. Bobby ray
    10. Ground up

9. 1. Biggie
    2. Nas
    3. Mos Def
    4. Method Man
    5. Q-Tip
    6. 2pac
    7. Rakim
    8. Big L
    9. KRS
    10. Talib Kweli

10. [quote name='"pinacolaaadas"']1. Nas
    2. Rakim
    3. Immortal Technique
    4. KRS-1
    5. Eminem
    6. Big Pun
    7. One Be Lo
    8. Phife Dawg
    9. Big L
    10. Elzhi[/quote]

Very good list here. Didn't know if we are including dead people but this right here is some music.

11. [quote name='"g0pher"']1. Em
    2. 50
    3. Busta
    4. Pac
    5. Rule
    6. Luda
    7. Big
    8. Dre
    9. Snoop
    10. Kanye[/quote]

Replace Kanye and Luda with mos def and common and you have the perfect list. And luda dropped off so hard after he started doing movies forgot he was even around lol

12. 1. Big Pun
    2. Big L
    3. Nas
    4. Guru
    5. Eminem
    6. MF doom
    7. Pac
    8. Immortal technique
    9. GZA
    10. Mos Def

not really in any order. and to be clear these are my favorite rappers not the ten best...

13. That's a tough one. I couldn't name the "top" 10.. but OFWGKTA is the shit. Eminem is good, Immortal technique, the Game, Diabolic, ect...

14. And of course, good ol Tupac & Biggie

15. rza
    gza
    ikon the verbal hologram (pre-paz)
    apathy
    celph titled
    guru
    phife dawg
    glimpse the unthinkable
    pac
    big L

not necessarily in that order