Top 10 favorite bands while high

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Shinjin, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Doesn't need to be in any order. I'll start

Blink-182
    Gorillaz
    The Moody Blues
    Pink Floyd
    King Crimson
    Jose Gonzalez
    Jimi Hendrix
    Led Zeppelin
    Slightly Stoopid
    Red Hot Chili Peppers (Blood Sugar Sex Magik, none of this stadium arcadium stuff)

Stuff that almost made the list
    Sublime
    Bob Dylan
    Jefferson Airplane
    Santana
    Crosby Stills Nash and Young
    Weezer
    Bob Marley
    Bruce Springsteen
    The Clash
    CCR
    Eric Clapton
    Fleetwood Mac
    Foreigner
    Journey
    Peter Frampton
    Porcupine Tree

I tend to like music that is calmer than usual when I'm medicated. Some rap is good to but I don't own enough to have any real opinion on the genre.

Someone said that my music taste didn't follow the average 18 year olds music choice. They said that most young adults like rap or hip hop most of the time. I was trying to argue with the person but to no avail. It seems kind of true though, a lot of people don't listen to rock much anymore. What are your guy's opinion?

2. In no order:

Tool (Disposition is a favorite when im high)
    Opeth
    Red Hot Chili Peppers (only BSSM for me too, and some of their older funky freaky styley and mothers milk stuff)
    The Smashing Pumpkins
    King Crimson
    The Mars Volta
    MGMT
    Radiohead
    Janes Addiction
    Meshuggah

It was hard to make that list, mainly because when I'm high I can find enjoyment in mostly any song so I just put my headphones in and hit shuffle.
    I like calmer music and heavy, calm because I get lost in all the sounds and its pretty spiritual. Heavy music like Opeth tends to sound really cool when I listen to it though, and it paints vivid pictures in my head if you know what I mean. Stuff like Meshuggah is fun to listen to just because of how crazy and technical it is.

3. Bob Marley
    Tool
    Alice In Chains
    Pink Floyd
    Sublime
    Gucci Mane
    Incubus
    Foo Fighters
    Rage Against the Machine
    Circa Survive

Those were just the best i guess. I'm sure Red Hot Chili Peppers would be great and Fleetwood Mac too just haven't gotten to them in my Zune Shuffle.