Toothpick stuck in glass ash catcher

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by ThisIsClark, Oct 22, 2011.

1. #1 ThisIsClark, Oct 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2011
    I was just attempting to clean my ash catcher with a toothpick because it seemed clogged, and during the process it snapped and the majority got stuck in there. I can't for the life of me think of a way to get it out, and I really don't want to go buy another one.

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m447/hurrh123/Picture0081.jpg
    http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m447/hurrh123/Picture0082.jpg
    http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m447/hurrh123/Picture0083.jpg

It is a one piece glass ash catcher and the toothpick is stuck in the stem (covered in res) down the middle. I'm freakin out please help lol :eek:

2. I cant really see it in the pic...

3. #3 ThisIsClark, Oct 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2011
    It is down the res'd up tube in the middle, ,i'll take another picture.

3 pictures at the top now

4. You can try to fill it with water and blow hard, hah, to get it back out the joint, if it won't budge then well,

fire.

5. Or try cleaning your piece like normal with salt/iso alcohol... since it's just stuck to the rez in the downstem? That would be alright, or fire.

6. ^^^ Yeah I'd burn it out that toothpick won't have a chance in hell

7. That was my original plan to try to burn it, but its pretty deep down there and i don't know if i can get a flame big enough, and wouldn't it be bad to take in that smoke?

I tried everything else, used soap, salt, blew so hard i almost blew the thing out luckily i caught it before it fell to the ground. I'm just going to torch the bitch and hope for the best...

8. i would shatter the ac into pieces, preferably with a sledgehammer, get the toothpick and duct tape the ac back together. but thats just me

9. Pics were taken with a VCR so I can't even tell you what the fuck to do.

Just put iso alc. and sea salt/coarse salt in it and shake the fuck out of it, get all that rez off there, I'm sure that'll help get the thing out a little easier.

10. fuckin lol'd... that made my day.

@OP
    use a toothpick to get it out
    [​IMG]

11. Use some tweezers man, those would work fine.

12. +1 to tweezers.. or try using a cotton swab stick and squeeze the toothpick against the side as you pull it up.

13. get another toothpick and cover the end of it in some resin, then just stick it in there and attach it to the other one. resin is natures glue hahah

14. id use iso/seasalt

15. turn it upside down and put the bottom the the joint against a sink spout and hold it there to let water run upsidedown and out....just dont turn the water up tooo high

16. if u cant get it, just break that shit...im sure u can get another one for cheap...there was prob 20000 of those made in china last year

17. [quote name='"08 BANSHEE"']Pics were taken with a VCR so I can't even tell you what the fuck to do.

Just put iso alc. and sea salt/coarse salt in it and shake the fuck out of it, get all that rez off there, I'm sure that'll help get the thing out a little easier.[/quote]

This. Iso and salt solves every resin problem. and VCR pics FTW.

18. -.- Needle nose pliers? Pull that sucker out.