tool's Purple Power 2nd grow, first journal.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by toolzor, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Fatty NL, smells so good, buds are so fat and dense.

Then the weird NL, forming more bud mass, trusting the trichomes which appear to still be very young despite it being the same age as the mature plant. Could just be an issue with the genetics between NL and Ruderalis, maybe this particular bean had more Photo NL in it's genes than a 50/50 split.

JH and WW seem to be done stretching, shooting pistils like crazy.

Today they got some bud candy, vitamins, big bud, and molasses.

I'm about to start flushing that mature NL this weekend, a week of flushing with molasses, followed by a week of flushing with pure ph'd water. There are a few amber trichomes popping up here and there, so 2 weeks of flushing will bring out some more CBN for a bit of couch lock.

Attached Files:

2. Did not mean to add my nute pics in there but hey, there you go

3. GDP is beginning to have amber trichomes, I'll begin flushing it this weekend, same as my NL AF. It's even begun turning purple as well.

Purple Kush is still doing it's thing, shooting way more pistils, hopefully it starts building bud mass here soon.

Purple Haze smells so friggin sexy. Kind of want to pluck off some of the undergrowth and check it out. No signs of amber trichomes, flush time TBA.

Same as my auto flowers, they've been receiving bud candy, big bud, b-52 vitamins, and molasses as well. Unfortunately I think I got these additives too late for them to really make a difference on the GDP and Purple Haze. The Purple Kush still appears to be young, so maybe it will benefit from them.

Attached Files:

4. Boy you said a mouth full there my friend....lmao
    But ya you sound like your a=on the right track to a great harvest.
    and ya sounds like your wife may have slowed her down a bit but they have a way of bouncing back don't they.
    I did away with Miracle grow and started making my own soil.
    Although I still use their Potting Soil that is very low in MPK and I add a lot of Bat Guano ( Mexican ) and Worm Castings ).

But any way you have an awesome grow going there and I like the way you do your updates very informitive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I try to throw in as much detail as I can :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. The mature NL got it's last dose of nutes today, starting tomorrow I flush it, not sure if I want to flush it for 7 or for 14 days just yet. Man those buds look tastey. I'll probably pluck off some undergrowth to see how bad it tastes and decide on a week flush or a two week flush.

I believe the Jack Herer is done stretching, hasn't made much vertical movement in the last 24 hours, the White Widow on the other hand, that terd must have grown 3-5 inches since yesterday, hopefully that stretch is almost done or totally done, otherwise I'll have to super crop it a bit.

On the topic of the WW, man that thing must be a calcium fiend. I pulled back on the calmag just a tad, 4tsp rather than the full 5 for the last couple of feedings, and I got a few new calcium def spots, but for the most part, that's under control, the new growth is beautiful.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Just ordered a 4 pack of HLG QB120s and the driver for them. They come back in stock on 10/31.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Your going to have one hell of a harvest,,,,,you sure you don't need any help.....lol

• Like Like x 1
  9. I believe that's the Advance Nutrients P H Perfect isn't it. I used that for years good stuff.

10. Hah, I actually had to bribe my old man to come over and help trim :p

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yup...the things we gotta do....lol

12. GDP has a lot of yellowing, leaves on the buds themselves have started to turn purple, man are they pretty.

Purple Haze looks good enough to eat. I had some weird bud growth from the shade leaves, and as we were defoliating some of the shade leaves I decided to dry it for a couple of days and try it. Man even though it wasn't bud from the actual bud sights themselves, no cure time, and very little dry time, and obviously no flushing at that point, it was super smooth, very tasty, and sent me to cloud 420 real quick. It was only about a half a bowl, but man was it good.

Purple Kush is really starting to gain traction, I'm starting to think it was having problems really going into flower from an LED power light on one of my small dehumidifiers which has since been covered, starting to smell real good and gain some weight, good signs.

The NL plant that's just about done has gotten super fat. Spotted a few amber trichomes, but we've been flushing since last week, intending to harvest the mature plant this weekend, either Saturday or Sunday night.
    The weird NL plant, I'm not really sure, it's starting to kind of gain bud mass, but I really need the space back in the tent because it became a huge bush, and I was not counting on that. I cut off some undergrowth to let it dry for a few days to find out if it's any good or not. I can't let the thing flower forever, it's taking up too much damn room, but I damn sure don't want to just waste what it has produced.

White Widow is still showing that it's a real Calcium whore. Everytime I skip some calmag in the feeding, new growth shows the spotting. It's gotten tall and bushy, will probably be a decent yielding plant.

Jack Herer didn't seem to stretch for too long, the White Widow is taller, but it's doing it's thing for sure.

The babies pictured are my Chronic Widow/GDP/White Widow/OG Kush from a new grow journal. They are almost two weeks old.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. I gotta tell ya toolzor That I enjoy reading your posts and I look forward to them. You are so detailed it's like I know your plants personally lol
    If only all the others were like your's. Great Jog on your part and I look forward to your next grow journal.

B Safe
    Will

• Like Like x 1
  14. Checked trichomes again tonight. NL has some amber trichomes as I've stated before, Purple Haze is showing some amber, and the GDP has a few here and there.

All three mentioned plants have mostly yellowing leaves, so I'll harvest either tonight or tomorrow night. It really depends on when my wife gets off of work because I could use another pair of hands setting up my drying tent.

Purple Kush has milky trichomes but they are the beginning stage of being milky, definitely not ready.

Jack Herer is beginning to smell, and damn does it smell sweet.

White Widow is showing again how much of a calcium whore it really is. I was a bit rushed last night and only fed them molasses and water, and the White Widow and Jack Herer as well developed some spotting since yesterday.

Fed both nutes with calmag as well today, and plucked off the damaged leaves. Next post will have harvest pics, and maybe wet weight, I doubt I'll weigh them wet due to time constraints, but we'll see.

• Like Like x 1
  15. the picture of that cola there weighs 179 grams wet.

things are massive, my wife is beside herself.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. I think we all are....lol

• Like Like x 1
  17. Harvested quite a bit, GDP still has a bit to cook judging from the trichomes, sorry for the lack of promised updates, I'll get some pics up from what we've harvested/trimmed tomorrow evening.

18. No worries about the updates my friend with all that trimming you had to do.-[

19. I wasn't very good about saving pics and uploaded on the day, but here's various shots throughout the last week.

The healthy NL plant was harvested, some MASSIVE colas. One of them weighed about 180 grams wet.

I also harvested the "weird" NL plant, because all of the leaves were dying off of it, and it just wasn't doing well.

Purple Haze's yield was a bit disappointing, but I'm going to attribute that to the plants only being in 3 gallon buckets. The healthy NL plant with the massive colas was in a 5 gallon bucket.

I do not have any dry weight yet, as the buds are still a little moist. I did put a few purple haze buds on a scale just to see and they were about 3 grams themselves.

Overall without weighing anything so far, and realizing that I still have two plants to harvest, I'm a little disappointed in this run just by how little of my drying racks have bud in them, but that's not weighing them so who knows, I could be pleasantly surprised.

The first picture is the GDP and Purple Kush which are still cooking. I had started flushing the GDP because my wife said she was seeing amber, after reviewing myself several days later, I saw little to no amber, so I began picking up nutes again. It's looking rough, but size is getting pretty decent however most of the leaves have lost all of their nitrogen and died off. I'm trying to let it mature for another week or two and hoping for the best, while I have been feeding a bit of Nitrogen to try and correct things as best as possible.

My Jack Herer and White Widow plants which are not pictured at all were neglected for a few days during trimming. A lot of yellowing and leaves dying. I have as of the last few days started to be a little more attentative to them to try and get them healthy again.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  20. What a great grow you had it's imposable to come up with any words to describe it. Awesome..... all I can say. Hope my next grow comes out as good. We'll see... lol