Tool 10,000 days hidden song

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by 4ction, Jun 25, 2006.

1. You know how Virginti Tres just sounds like a bunch of digital groans that amount to nothing but filler? Well someone realized that "Virginti Tres" means 23 in Latin, and 23 symbolizes synchronity. It was a clue that Virginti Tres was meant to synch with other songs on the CD. If you add the play times for Wings Part 1 + Virginiti Tres it equals the play time of Wings Part 2. 6:11 + 5:02 = 11:13.

The synched song is very interesting, to say the least... the lighnting and the whispering all blend together but i don't want to give it all away... here's a link.
    http://poetlost.wordpress.com/2006/05/22/tool-album-update/
    ** The synched mp3 can be downloaded at the bottom of the page.
    Also, the beginning of Intension played backwards reveals a hidden message... "Work hard, Stay in school, Listen to your mother, your father is right"

Btw, I didnt figure this out myself, just sharing it with the city.

2. it wouldn't allow me to download the file from the link you put, so:

i went into windows media player and made a playlist of Viginti Tres followed by Wings for Marie (Pt 1). then in a seperate media player, (i used VLC because my winamp and media player don't like each other) get the song 10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2) ready to play.

now all to do is to hit play on one of the players and immeadiately hit play on the other one as quick as you can, if need be pause a track for a half second or so to let the other catch up.

the two songs fit together pretty much perfectly, some people claim that the singing near the end is out of sync but i believe it is meant to be that way, it just sounds like an echo that way, there was a bit i was amazed at about 9 minutes or so in when the 2 heavy parts sync up perfectly!!!

its trippy and definately worth a look.

also, unless my headphones are being sketchy, if you play The Pot loud enough wearing headphones you can hear the intro singing playing in the background a split second before he sings them loud, probably already been noticed but i just found it!

3. I always blaze to tool man......this just made my day i would give you a rep but i dont know how. SOMEONE TELL ME PLEASE!

4. just one of the many reasons i think tool is one of the most intelligent bands ever...