Took the plunge decided on a starter higher end piece, check it out

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Hypoxic, Aug 21, 2013.

1. #1 Hypoxic, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2013
    I've made a few posts asking for some advice on getting into the world of nicer glass and wanted to pickup a bong or straight tube in the 150-175 range. I thought I was gonna have to really sacrafice to get something really nice at that range if I wanted a well known name. Welllllllllll I finally made the drive to the best LHS in our area even though its a hell of a haul. This is what I came home with.

I was checking out the Sheldon Black they had in stock and while its beautiful they just didn't have anything in my range. Next choice was a Darby Haml (spelling?) straight tube but was coming in around 5 bills so no go.

Finally I looked in the HVY Glass case and found this beauty. Thought it'd be way out of my range also but when the girl pulled it out of the case my jaw dropped (i'll give you the price after the pics).

Little run down. Its a HVY Glass (made in usa from what I can find, oregon maybe?). 21 inches base to top and Its heavy! Seems to be 5mm to my eye. 3 ice pinches, a beautiful disc perc, came with a standard diffused downstem and a beautiful matching bowl (sweet smaller bowl perfect for ripping and clearing the whole thing). Colors are black/white/gray.

So here are the pics, I'll post the price after a few replies just to keep a little suspense. Overall i'm loving this thing. 2 bowls and I was pretty wrecked and im a daily smoker of 4-5 years.

Thanks for looking and feel free to compliment, provide suggestions, tips, info, constructive criticism, etc..

Attached Files:

2. Sweet looking piece man! I never took a hit from a higher grade bong, only cheap ones. Hopefully one day. :)

3. nice find just proves you dont need to spend 300+ on a roor or some shit name piece i like to support local blowers too!
    NEED MILKS ShOT?!

4. #4 Hypoxic, Aug 21, 2013
    Thanks guys!

I have a video of its first hit ever and its milky as hell but my fiance took it and so its just not very good quality.  Hoping to get a better one soon and I will definitely post it.  The fiance was rolling on the floor cause she's never seen something like this let alone see it stack and clear in front of her eyes.  Hit sooooo smooth I didn't even realize I had cleared the whole damn bowl the first time lol.

So price.........picked this beauty up for the awesome price of.......

$130 out the door with the downstem and bowl!

5. 130$ is a great deal In my book. What's the overall height? I like the color scheme. It's a nice pick up, congrats man.

6. #7 Hypoxic, Aug 21, 2013
    Comes in at 21 inches from base to top.

Color scheme was the eye catcher to me. Named him Lou after Louie from Sublime since the colors fit a Dalmatian well and I love me some Sublime.

Your words are making me wanna take it out and start ripping but I'm soaking the stem and bowl in some nice warm water to keep em squeaky clean so maybe tonight lol!

Couldn't be happier and to anyone looking to dip their feet into the world of higher end glass I would recommend HVY Glass to at least look at.

7. Dude thats an ill bong for only 130 bones!! At first I thought your joint was broken, but then I saw its like a ground down one, which is pretty dang awesome cause then you dont ahve to worry about it snapping off, sweet find!!

8. Very nice piece man. Absolutely killer for the price.

HVY are a pretty good brand. Used to be made in Oregon, now in Cali I believe.
    They use German Schott Duran glass. 

9. Damn, that was $130? You pretty much stole that thing dude. My advice though is to remember that although the percs are encased inside the glass, theyre the easiest part to break by far.

10. Thanks for the info on the glass Towel...good info to hold onto!

Oh im beyond careful with this thing.  It has its own special safe storage area.  Not gonna be an every day piece because I do fear breaking something internally.  Even though I know its still fragile it does feel like a tank compared to all the other pieces I held in the same price range.

And the price....yeah, me and my girl both looked at each other and were like "lets get the F outta here before they realize they had it mismarked" or something lol!

11. For $130 thats a sicccck fucking bong dude. Very very nice pick up

I'm not a towel! You're a towel!

Now that we have that cleared up, yeah that was a great pickup.
    It's an American blown piece using the best glass on the planet and it's worked (color work).
    For the price MANY people spend on brittle china glass pieces blown in chinese sweatshops.
    That's called a smart fucking choice my friend.
    Good work.

Its funny.  Usually I am a super impatient person and such.  Over the weekend I finally got the nod to invest in something nicer.  So we went to a few lesser quality shops and they're trying to push thin chinesse glass on me (topoo was one company but it did look like a nice piece) and usually i'd jump on the first deal.  Except for some reason I wouldn't pull the trigger and said I wanted to check the nice shop even tho its like an hour away.  Went in and within 30min had this beauty wrapped up and on the way home with a shit eatting grin on my face knowing the deal I got.  Sooooooooo glad I didn't give in to the cheaper stuff, this was worth the extra few days AND I know it came from a highly reputable shop and from a well known company.  I should type it up in book form and mail it out to anyone looking to buy their first nice piece cause patient seems to be the key when looking for that first one.

14. 130$...... Patience really paid off holy crap! I wish San Diego had A LHS that sold beauties like that for good prices :( so jealous lol congrats man

15. they do!lol just gotta find a good place buddy of mine has a place in SD he was doing by 1 get one or 50% off for awhile on some hella quality glass!