Too small?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Inkpen, Mar 29, 2010.

1. #1 Inkpen, Mar 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2010
    So I finally built my first grow box, 2'x2'x3'.
    I didn't realize how large my lights were.

So now Im left with two options.
    I'm debating on either making the whole thing taller
    or
    would it be possible to tie my plants low enough so that they won't grow into the light?

Attached Files:

2. man you could work with that if you really wanted but if u could add another foot or two it would make a world of difference,try turnin the plant sideways and training it,instead of growing strait up it will branch out and stay lower with more mass but isntead of a large cola u get a bunch more smaller ones,its all good though.what kind of ventelation do u have goin on? but good luck man,hope that could be of a little help

3. Its still a work in progress, right now i got a 120mm comp fan w/ a 14v adapter at the top for exhaust, a smaller 80mm fan w/ a 5v adapter (Buying a larger one tomorrow) for intake at the bottom. I have another fan inside circulating the air, prolly about 6in in diameter. Im going to mount that to the roof once I get everything else set up. I really didn't expect any plants to sprout. I just tossed them in a pot with some soil. Left it under my couch for 2 days after I watered it. Came back and there were 2 about half an inch tall. Came back later that day and there were three more. They're all in separate pots now though. Still gotta caulk up the corners and a few holes I drilled for the wires.

Attached Files:

4. its lookin good bro.u got a thermometer in there? but keep us updated!
    also what lights u got goin on?

5. That's what she said.

It depends on what strain it is.

6. i would say move the fan ur using for an intake to the top and make it an extra exhaust. if u have fans sealed for exhaust u dont need fans blowing air in, itll come in by itself. just stretch an old wife beater, or some kind of filter over the hole for intake to try to keep dust and bugs out. preferrably a black wife beater to diffuse the light.

also i dont kno much about seeding but i kno for veging ur gonna want to use some daylight bulbs, or full spectrum. looks like ur using soft white. if thats the case save those for flowering.

i like how close ur lights r, looking good. as for hight, look into scrog (screen of green), lst (low stress training) or even 4 way lst. there r some great tutorials for them here on gc. but u wanna keep in mind that ur also gonna prob get taller pos to so that 3 feet will dissapear fast. my grow box is just over 4' and i think thats an absolute minimum unless ur gonna train the branches somehow. i think u can also cut vegging time to create smaller plants. another issue is its only 2x2. i hav a 4x2 and thats barely big enough for 2 plants, and i c u have 4 there.

u will stress urself and ur plants out way less if u are able to build a bigger box. and when those plants get bigger ur prob gonna need more of an air exchange, look into an exhaust fan at home depot. from what i hear just multiply ur dimensions and devide it by half and thats the minimum cfm ull need, the more air exchange the better tho.
    for example: 2x2x3=12 12/2=6cfm.
    im not sure what the cfm rating is on ur comp fans, that might b enough actually, but just an equation for u in case u build a bigger box.

good luck bro, i hope those babbies turn into monsters