Too small ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by elpedro897, May 10, 2018.

1. It’s an autoflowering strain (dwarf low flyer) and I think she’s to small. She’s 26 days old and I’m worried that she’s going to flower too soon for her height. Any thoughts ?

IMG_2425.JPG

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

2. All you can do is let her do her thing and see what happens. What light are you using? Is that all the training u plan to do? Hope your not planning on topping that will just slow it down even more.

3. As you can see I already topped her, but I won’t do it anymore because she’s too old. I’m planning to do more LST. I’m using the sun and in the first 2 week I was using a 55w cfl ;)

4. Suns a good source of light it’s the only way I’d grow an auto to save running a 1000w.

5. Topping and training it might of slowed it down. Is that a 3 or 5 gallon pot. I wouldn’t go over a 3 gallon with a auto.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 5 gallons

7. #7 CBDBurner, May 10, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2018
    That could also be part of the problem. If I were you I’d just ride it out with that plant and see what ya get. Wet another seed and start over 3 gallons no training full sun once it’s matured a lil. It’s not a total loss ya may be surprised it hasn’t flowered yet.

8. Did you transplant at any point that can cause autos to stay really short

9. interesting training you have going on there . ill have to see how it comes out keep us informed . feed that plant 24 hours of light i think your on the mark for growth speed in a regular garden with out powerful lights co2 injected rooms looks like you topped it many times . i would be happy with it for a personal plant

10. No, I planted the seed in the final pot ( it’s better with autos)

11. I will let it grows by itself. I’ll keep you informed guys :D

12. With quick autoflowering strains, especially ones that are already supposed to be pretty small (dwarf). With such finite windows of time, there is only maybe a few days when it is ok to top. During this time, it is growing vigorously enough to not be slowed down much. Longer finishing strains are easier to top but most stay away from doing that with auto's. If anything, lst methods are best suited.

Anyways, what happens if it's not topped is that it has to take time to heal. It wont add life to itself so the time it took to heal cant be used to grow. It's gone. It probably wont get much larger than it is now until it flowers and then it should get a bit bigger but no where it could've been.

13. So I’m pretty f***ed ? Should I toss it or I will get a descent yield ? And if so, how much should I expect from this girl ?

14. Can’t say gotta wait it out don’t give up though you’ve Come to far already. just start a dif seed and do it differently

• Like Like x 1
  15. These are my 23 day old autoflower plants,auto carmelicious and auto white lsd..and those are cfl lights I got from Wal-Mart mart[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  16. Nice I got that same tower fan

17. How many watts bro looks surprisingly decent for the setup

• Like Like x 1
  18. I can't remember,had these for 5 years and just started using them,when I brought them I went by lumens,I got one that was 5000 lumens,they was like 9 dollars each
    Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1

19. Never give up. If nothing else, you should at least get a nice ounce off her if she doesnt get any bigger.

I would suggest starting a new one while its going though.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Autos both grow and flower at the same time. They start flowering at about 30 days when they are still only less than 12 inches tall. They keep growing until maturity. That plant looks good. Nice job. Next time consider mainlining as discussed on growweedeasy which is almost identical to what you did, but I think can be slightly superior. So all growth for the entire plant is coming from just one (usually the 3rd) node. I was doing it your way and that works great, because I was afraid the auto wouldn't mature in time if I slowed it by mainlining, but now I top every plant and then top the tops at the very first node. About 4 total is all I have time for. Have not tried 8 on an auto. Those old lowryders are not very good anymore IMHO. I tried many. But nice job on the training and topping. The way you did it you may need to lollipop the 4 branches. On a mainline you can just let them go untouched all the way to harvest.

• Like Like x 1