Too much?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by new bud, Feb 23, 2012.

1. I have been thinking about my next / dream bong purchase and how much money is too much? How much better can the smoke be? I know getting a quality piece can help save on weed but at what point is it just not worth it?

2. Honestly paying more for a bong is usually just for the name behind it like RooR, does the same as another cheaper bong.

3. I'd recommend something in the $100-200 range. Past that you're basically paying for luxury, fancy names and a bunch of cool features.

4. No such things as "too much" its whatever you are comfortable spending.

Personally I've been in the glass game for quite some time now, i spend a couple grand on glass annually; it's one of my many passions. Just make sure that the money is going towards a proper cause, don't go out and by a electroformed cirQ to CirQ if you have bills that need to be paid.

5. #5 koven, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2012
    I think the law of diminishing returns applies here. As for the equilibrium point, that'll vary a bit depending on a person's financial situation. I think $300 is a reasonable cap, excluding accessories like ash catchers, vapor sets, etc. When you get upwards of $500, you'll be paying a huge premium on the branding. Sure, it might have a few extra slits in the diffuser, or fancier glass-work, but just because it's twice the price doesn't mean it'll hit twice as good. Similar to cars as in, a Toyota and BMW will both get you there, but damn it's a lot cooler getting there in a BMW. :smoke:

6. I have been interested in the pyrology brand kettle bottem inline diffuser with carbon filter coil and shower head the inline would be 124.00 plus tax the base probably 600.00 at best but I'm also interested in the cloud vaporizer which is 450.00 before tax and all that which is less money its also hard for me to tall because I havent really smoked out of a really big bong or vape

7. I've been contemplating on getting an SGW Waffle. However, at $300, plus shipping? I think it's too much. My cut off range is $150.

8. Waffles, donuts, and stemlines are considered some of the best single chamber tubes, they have that price tag for a reason. $300 is retail, on BM some people pay more than that for stemlines. I understand your skepticism, but you can really tell the difference in craftsmanship from a nice tube, handmade by a professional blower, from a cheaper tube. If you have the money to spend, I think it's worth it all the way, but by no means is it necessary to have one. You can find a nice quality tube with a nice diffused downstem and a good slide in your price range, and still have a tiny bit left over to put towards new glass in the future.