Too much water? (Pic)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by XiaoGG, Jun 27, 2013.

1. This little Skywalker OG is 7 days since poking above ground. Been a little slow and started curling down yesterday as you can see below.

Attached Files:

2. looks fine to me. your plant is probably rooting like crazy hence the slow growth, give it a week or two and it will start to take off

3. looks fine.....

4. If you wish to improve airflow to the root zone use a skewer or razor to slice holes in the container and point a fan at it, elevating it on a plastic screen to improve air circulation to all sides of the pot.

When you water, be sure to stir in a well made, high quality compost such as oly mountain fish compost, into the water to ensure there are many aerobic bacteria present in the water when it is applied. You can eye them when t hey are watered in and there are bubbles on the surface. Do not store this. It will supply aerobic bacteria to the root zone and prevent damping off. Always let pots dry out to around t wendy percent moisture before watering again.

5. #5 tplat, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2013
    I wouldn't do that until its atleast 2-3 weeks old. Even soils rich in organic nutes can be a little strong for seedlings and stunt growth. Always been a Star Wars fan so I figured for fun my next run might be Skywalker OG and Jedi Kush.

6. Careful if you open up your pots like posted above, doing so with a fan will also dry your pots out faster. With your seedling being so young, you should have only watered it once before u planted seed into soil, and once about a week later.

7. #7 corkybuchek, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2013
    every thing within reason of course. at this stage the plant is using 10-100 ml of water a day (depending on evaporation rate/growth rate/ etc) so only 5 or 10 ml of compost are needed to fix the water. Most water comes with salts and odd bacteria, the humic material in compost will "fix it" and you only need a teaspoon, and you can sieve the particles out so it does not clog the pores on the surface of the soil

of course i was not suggesting mixign a gallon of water with four cups of compost for a seedling...