Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Too much THC?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Kallaste, Jan 17, 2015.

1. A friend of mine has super bad insomnia and she wanted to try weed. She used to smoke before but hasn't in a long time so she has absolute zero tolerance. Anyway, I gave her some of my stuff. I feel kinda bad now because she had a bad experience with it . . . she said she tried it at night and was lying in bed and sort of freaked out, like she was stuck in her own mind and couldn't stop thinking disturbing thoughts, or something. Then she felt like she was gonna die. It sounded like a panic attack. I guess she felt that way for a while and then got up and started doing stuff to take her mind off it, and felt better.

I told her maybe it was because the stuff I had was really high in THC, and maybe she needed to try an indica strain with more CBD. Does that sound right?

2. Sounds like she had too much of a sativa. Indica next time for sure. Give her a kush variety. Always nice and mellow. Good medicine for body aches and relaxation.

3. Any indica in a small amount. I would say one or two tokes then wait about 15 minutes and if she isn't feeling high she should take another couple tokes. Most likely she will pass out in bed or on the couch within an hour.

4. I agree, a high cbd indica sounds indicated.  As suggested, not too much. Good luck.

5. Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep an eye out for some indica and let her know that was the problem.

6. She probably smoked too much on top of whatever else. Should have told her to start with a couple hits

7. I told her to take it easy, she said she only had a few small hits. I thought about it afterwards, and it also possible being sleep deprived had something to do with it. People who don't get sleep react weird to things. Maybe it intensified the effect. It does with alcohol.

8. Sativas catch me off gaurd sometimes and I'm not a new smoker, weeds getting good! Lol

9. Tell her to use edibles

10. I think it's the fact that it was a sativa more than anything, those make people paranoid sometimes.

11. Strange, I'm much at peace when on sativa, and on a mind Rollercoaster on indicas...

12. Depending on how long it's been since she smoked she might not be aware how much stronger it has become over the years also and over done it, not to mention the strain differences