Too much sitting has a impact on health.

Discussion in 'General' started by Tainted593, Mar 28, 2012.

1. well im fucked then. all i do is sit since i have nothing else to do...

2. I tried reading the article, but it was so long I just couldn't stand it.

3. Good thing I stand at work all day and night....

Long life is a scam anyways.

4. Looks like im dying within the next 3 years.. Longer then i expected anyway ;)

5. This is why I'm glad I started playing golf. It's a depressing, shitty game that's addicting, rewarding, but also major pain in the ass.

But at least I get to be outside, walking around in the sun. It feels good, man.

6. Yeah I do alot of walking/lifting/standing at my work so I'd think it'd balance out.

Not a scam, but a very difficult lifestyle to live and be happy with in order to live longer than everybody else your age, can be done but It affects your whole lifestyle.

7. I would bike a lot until my dad went out of town leaving me with the family van, I ride a fixed gear bike but once I got the whip I would NEVER bike.

after the second month I started feeling groggy and my stomach always hurt. When he came back I changed the diet up and ate a lot of fruits and biked a lot and now I feel fine

8. read the first paragraph and yeah... i stand maybe an hour worth of time a day? not by choice i just have no reason to stand... my life sucks so hard.

9. who wants to live to be 100 anyway

10. about to start a career as an OTR semi truck driver.

I'm fucked.

11. I feel bad for the kids in school then.

12. i stand, i bend, i crawl, i do almost everything but sit for 8-9 hours a day. by the time i'm 60 i'm fucked.

13. "Those who spend 11 or more hours a day sitting are 40 percent more likely to die over the next three years"

God damnit, I spent atleast 20hrs on my ass yesterday and today.

This makes me want a cigarette... I'll probably last longer if I had one anyways.

14. Good thing I prefer to lay down.

Sitting seems like a very unnatural position for the spine. But there aren't very many alternatives...

15. What doesn't kill you or lower life expectancy these days? People love creating new health issues. I say fuck it and I'll remain sitting as I am right now. In order to life a healthy life these days you're better off closing your blinds and staying indoors till the end of your days.

16. Man all people think about these days is dying. Maybe if everyone would roll a nice b and get their minds right they could focus on living........ Smh

17. ive been sitting for five months now. i lost my leg in a car accident

but anyways, i feel fine

18. Well what is it that actually kills you though? Are you just sittin one minute, then dead the next once your three years is up?

19. [quote name='"robot santa"']ive been sitting for five months now. i lost my leg in a car accident

but anyways, i feel fine[/quote]

I'm sorry bro. Got a cuz who lost his leg. Shits tough man stay strong.