Too much N in my Subcool mix

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Sgt.Stedenko, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Hey guys quick question.

Im running 9 Super Silver Haze in Subcool's organic soil mix, using 7 gallon pots under 1000w HPS. Im 4 weeks into flower and just fucking noticed that I used the wrong batch of guano in the mix ( I used the high N instead of the high P). I just started a regiment of Guano Co Budswel once to twice a week. My question is, can higher amounts of P and K level things out, is there a way to "fix" the high N issue, or am i completely fucked? I've read that too much N in flower can cause your plants to go back to Veg?

As always, I appreciate your comments and advice.

Sarge

2. #2 Possuum, Jun 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2010
    Hey Sarge (82d here), I think you'll be just fine. Reason being if you're all organic, which is how I'm guessing, the N guano isn't made available to the plant until the microbes in the soil eat it up and poop it out. Same for all true organic nutrients as well.

But another point in reference to your question, and it's probably a good point to discuss with folks, you can't "balance" any one of the major nutirenets (N, P, or K) by adding more of one or the other to reach an equilibrium of the three. Same for the minor nutrients. Make sense? Each of the major nutrients is used by the plant in the amount that it needs as it needs it. Contrast this with synthetic nutrients which are manufactured to be in a plant usable form without benefit of the microbe action and which if overdosed result in the ill affects of "poisoning", if you will, and the often complained about "nute burn". Good organic soil tilth and adequate supply of the range of major and minor nutrients in the mix and you'll pretty much have a water-only grow (props LD).

I'm going to throw my money down on this opinion. I'm sure others will pitch in with theirs also.

Keep on keeping on sarge. Airborne! May your harvest cup overflow.

safe travels............

3. Possuum thanks for your thorough response my man. I appreciate it. Makes perfect sense, as I was hoping that being 100% organic from start to finish I wouldn't have too much of an issue. It was just one of those "oh fuck" moments that we have all experienced at some point im sure. I'll update in a couple weeks to let you all know how it went.

Stedenko.

4. If they haven't burned, then they'll be fine. If you want, you can hit them with a really fungus heavy AACT. That will help to re-balance the microlife, in such a way that your available Phosphorous will go up, and cool down the nitrogen (which tends to be made available via bacteria).

I'd be more worried about P deficieny, but if you're in Subcool's supersoil, your fungus should have a nice diverse blend to choose from. Really, I wouldn't be too worried about it.