Too much light???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Sweet Candy Cane James, Feb 16, 2017.

1. 6 7gal pots in a 4x4 tent with one 600w led and one 300w led 7 wks into flower but flowers looking very under developed. I'm using green planet medi one w8 terpinator medicino molasses massive and the finisher. I know it may be too late for this grow but I'd like to fix the problem before I flip my clones... thanx

Attached Files:

2. What brand of LED lights? What is the true wattage? How high are the lights?

3. The 600 is a kingbo led and my 300 is made by led lighting for less I think... not sure of true wattage and they hang 24 inches above my canopy.

4. i like to hang the led about a foot away or less this is me . but some times its not the lights causing a small yield its the strand . what strand is it ?

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have a 600 w hps and 2 300w leds so side lighting True watts I think are about 133 draw. That's not to much light. You have a full canopy so your good. I'd lower that light tho.

6. Are you using auto flower or not? And how long did they veg before tossing into flower?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. I would say the problem is simply not enough lighting. The Kingbo is a 270 true watts, and the 300W is likely about 135 true watts. That puts you right at around 400W. That puts you at only 25W per square foot. - you want to be closer to 40-50w per sq foot.

• Like Like x 1
  8. none of them are autos and I vegged all of them for 2 1/2 months b4 the flip...

9. I've got an LED that is 350 true watts from the wall over a 2.5 x 2.5 plant. For your space you need more light.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Preciate the advice!

11. Thanks!

12. Lower led to 18" ... You STILL have a couple weeks left ... They will pistil recede and swell.

image.jpg
    image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. The 600w is on a mover and I've lowered it. Hopefully I can get a little more swell from these ladies. Thanks.

14. I lowered my lights and noticed leaves starting to wrinkle. Temps are around 76f. Only leaves under 300w led???

15. I know I'm not well versed in this issue, but the room temp might be 76 degrees, but I think it's call radiant heat. The rooms ambient heat might be 76, but the radiant heat on the leaves could be10+degrees. Do you have a fan that blows air through the void between the light and the top of the plants?

16. Indeed I do sir...

17. What type of hood? Open or vented? And do you spray foliar spray with lights on?

18. Things seem to be okay and my girls are ... figured out that it's not too much light but not enough. Looking to upgrade my lighting as soon as budget allows. Thanks for all assistance ✌

19. My ventilation may be a bit savage and I don't spray during to prevent molding

• Like Like x 1