Too much humidity in jar

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mbLc, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Hi,

I don’t know if I should post this here but I recently bought weed and decided to invest at the same time in a small jar because I read it’s better than plastic.

Before I put it in a jar it was a bit over dry and now, 3 days after it’s completly moist and there is not much smell left.

Is my jar garbage or should I open it sometimes. What am I doing wrong? I’m keeping it in a cupboard in my bedroom.

Thanks for your help

2. Your jar sounds trash lol I use a cleaned out glass jar you get herbs/spices in to keep my weed in & it never goes bad :confused_2:

3. Use a 62% Boveda pac in a mason jar to store your weed smell free and it keeps it just right.

you can get them on amazon i think

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. So I shouldn’t open it sometimes? It should stay good even if the jar is not open?!

The boveda stuff looks a bit expensive, how long does it last?

5. I open my jar whenever I need to grind more weed & that's multiple times a day

6. I bought a 10 pk of Boveda 62% last year, how long they last depends on how often you open the jar. If you’re not a frequent smoker, I’ve had them last around a year. My girlfriend saw a pretty dramatic improvement of her weed when I bought the Boveda packs also. She said around 8 months if u get in your jar pretty often. I recommend them to my friends, good investment in my opinion. It may be overkill, but I also paint my jars black, and keep them in a cool place, and the smoke in those jars never fails to please.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. If the product is gaining much moisture when placed in a jar, then it wasn't fully dry before you bought it.

8. Agree with Jay, likely stems in buds still were not dry, I would dump it all out on paper towels until it feels dry again, smell will return, once you rejar I would check it daily repeat as necessary

9. Thanks guys for your help.

It's really weird cause it was really dry and good quality. Same stuff as you buy in a coffee shop for example. It was going into powder easily when I grinded it.

You sure it can't be my jar being garbage? There is a seal on it but maybe it's poor quality. I mean I always had it in zip lock bag before and it never happened.

10. Your describing an impossible situation :/ .
    Jars are jars and they don't work magic like that. If they did overdrying before cureing wouldn't be a thing.
    It could of felt fry on the outside but not inside maybe.

Your not curing you've just bought weed and stored it in the jar right. So leave the top off for a day or two u till it dries again..

11. Well ,personally, I've never heard of any type of glass that pisses out moisture...LOL

12. Hold up
    Dry when you get
    Put in jar
    It regains moisture from deep
    Or your hiding place is so fricking damp it some how got into this jar[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

13. Sorry I'm not trying to be pretencious or whatever. I've always used zip lock bag, it's my first time using a jar and I found this pretty weird. I'm just trying to understand how exactly a bud I thought "dry" become moist. I have 0 experience with curing etc.

I'm just saying that because I thought maybe it was too moist inside my cupboard and the jar wasn't air proof enough to avoid the moist coming in. I don't know if I'm clear enough or if my reasoning is totally stupid.

14. Get 62 percent humipacs from amazon. Pop one in the jar and it will keep it the perfectamount for curing. When you want some, take it out and let it air for 20 minutes and it will be perfect for vaping or smoking.

15. no dude, like it was mentioned, the flower was dry yes, but there was more than likely excess moisture still in the stems. it happens

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Especially if those buds were dried TOO FAST, by the grower....They can feel crispy on the outside, and still be wet in the centers, Just like trying to bake your brownies too fast, LOL

17. Ok thanks guys!
    What should I do next time I buy weed to be sure it's not turning moist? Opening it everyday an hour or two?

18. The same you done this time. If it becomes moist leave lid of till dry. Repeat Untill it stops becoming moist.
    Or as others said get humi packs. Id go for less than 62 tho, 57% I hear are good.

It becoming moist again isn't necessarily a bad thing. It does mean the grower hasn't done there job properly, but this is commen as most just rush and sell.