Too much heat?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by crni9, May 7, 2017.

1. Okay so I "built" my computer grow box which I will use only for starting, I put a energy saving lamp in it but its like very warm in there so I was wondering is it too hot for them to start?[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Well after it breaks the soil it could be a problem

• Like Like x 1
  3. Do u have some pc fans in there and are you venting out the hot air from inside? Definitely do that. I've seen a guys pc grow box where he also put a frozen water bottle by one of his fans and he said that helped cool things down for about 3 or 4 hours and at that point he needed to replace it with a new one. He said it didn't have much of an impact on the humidity either.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'd have to connect it to the motherboard which would use some space and is a bit noisy(stealth indoor) so that is kind of a problem

5. You could just stick it in a window during the day and put it back in at night

• Like Like x 1
  6. Well how to fix it?

7. Right now 6:00 am sunrise 8:00 dusk actual time various to location but roughly 14hrs daylight so substitute 4 hrs in the case or for me i put seedling under a lamp for 24hrs till they go in the box

8. Either push air in or pull air out

9. If you understand wiring u can tie a computer fan into that light

10. Easy solution, just get another regular fan and run that all the time. Which will cover the noise of the little pc fans. If anyone asks just say you like the white noise and it helps you sleep or something. (I actually do find it hard to sleep without a fan.) And if you don't even have anyone else living with you it won't be a problem at all anyway, I mean why would it be? One you can't even hear a fan from more than like 20 feet away and two nobody is going to think you're growing weed just because they hear a fan.

11. Pc fan with Molex connector and you can jump the psu with a piece of wire by connecting the green wire and any black wire on the 20/24pin. A 120mm fan in the rear of the case should he enough to handle the heat of that cfl.

12. Yeah don't want that temp getting over id say 84.. I like the 75 to 80 range myself.. here's what has happened to my plant before after being exposed to a no fan heat area..
    Get some computer fans there cheap. And worth it. Good luck
    Keep smoking :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Its raining the whole month so I dont think it will work since we have no sun at all and my window is looking east which means it sun will appear only from 5am to 10am(or less)

14. Guys what about this fan,I dont think its noisy at all actually and somehow I will fit my motherboard in there just for a fan..[​IMG]

15. Perfect
    Should fix us up.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Uhh you throw a mobo and a power supply in there its gonna be worse.

17. Right this should be an empty case with that fan mounted on the outside of the rear 120mm location. I already told you how to start the power supply without a motherboard. Find a fan with a Molex connector not the little 3/4pwm connector. You could also get something like this so you can use that fan.

18. I watched a video on youtube man and they say after 5-6 hours psu will die and might catch on fire so Idk is it really safe

19. And what about the blocked video? Give me the name please