too much heat from light

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by jt45255, May 10, 2009.

1. hello all im looking for some suggestions on my heat issue in my grow box. the box is 4ft wide 3ft deep 7ft high. light is a 600 watt on a digital ballast that is not in iside the room. obviously i had no heat issues till now this is the 3rd crop to go through the box. my temps in the box right now are 10-12 degrees above ambient temperature. as far as venting goes i have currently 2 4in fans sucking air in (which were origanally used to cool the light through the winter) a 2x2 passive vent. air is pulled out by a 4in td series inline fan along with a carbon filter routed through my hydro farm hood going out to the outside. in my area summer gets real hot and with out the ac on its getting like 85-88 in there which i know is not good. putting ac in the box isnt an option. the only thing i can think of is go up to a bigger fan oh before i forget there is a 12in airking in the box also to move air around. help me out guys give me some ideas.:wave:

2. The bottom line is that u need a bigger fan and a faster exchange rate of cool, fresh air. I'm having the same problem at the moment with an attic grow of mine. I'm going to go for a big inline fan.
    Bigger IS better ;)

I'll keep an eye on this thread :)

3. You might want to look into doing a stanley blower, or a lasko blower like they sell at lowes. Folks have modified them to use a cooltube but for that size space I think you would do nicely with one of these creating a negative pressure and one or more strategically placed intakes at the bottom of your cab. I use one to cool a 2'x3'x6' cab with a 400 watt hps, with no ducting or anything, but I use it at the lowest setting, this thing really moves some air. :hello:

4. im havin major probs trying to find a place to exhaust the fan to. chimney is out of the question cos it's in use and i can't vent out through my roof cos i live in semi detatched houses!!!

any ideas?

peace

5. If your cab is anywhere near your dryer, you can run the exhaust out through your dryer vent. That way it is semi stealth. You could also run it under the house, if there is a crawlspace. If you have a somewhat hidden window you could just run a tube out that but I imagine you can't do this. What about where your water heater is? That area should be warm and it might mask the heat from your cab. Or your garage. The possibilities are really endless..

What is a semi detached house? Like a duplex or something?

6. Ive got air con up there now :) temps are coming down a bit whoooooo!!!
    My neighbours houses are only seperated from my house because of their driveway which makes their houses very close to mine. Semi - detatched if u like ;)

Peace