Too Much Chlorophyll In Rick Simpson Oil?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by SmokeErrythang, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Ive Been looking into making rick simpson oil for medical use, the way he makes it its like qwiso but the washes are alot longer and he agitates the weed alot more, and he doesnt freeze the buds or the iso alcohol and the oil comes out really dark so theres gotta be alot of chlorophyll in it right?

He says you can eat the oil, apply it topically or even dab it but I dont know about dabbing something with alot of chlorophyll in it. I am doing this to try and heal myself, so I cannot risk getting chlorophyll poisoning.

Does he not freeze the buds and solvent for a reason? The method im thinking of using is this:

I'll put the buds and iso in the freezer for 5 hours first and do three 15 second washes by gently swirling in a mason jar. All three washes will be mixed together in the same pan for purging. Then I'm gonna do a hot water bath to evaporate the iso, and so it decarbs it so I can eat it or put it in pills. Ill dab some too.

If I use this method there will be less chlorophyll in the end product, but since its not the same method that Rick Simpson uses does that mean it wont have the same medical benefits? Or will it have the same benefits as Rick Simpson oil but just with less chlorophyll in it?

2. RSO is not supposed to have chlorophyll in it, he even says it himself. I'm tired of people talking shit about RSO saying its full of chlorophyll, yeah if not done properly.

He uses naphtha or ether so thats why hes doing longer soaks/not freezing.