Too many shrooms leaves me sober and feeling great about life...

Discussion in 'General' started by Nexis, Sep 21, 2006.

1. As some of you may know, the quality of my life has been somewhat going downhill these past 6-8 months. I've been into way too many different substances that i shouldnt be fucking with in the first place. As some of you may have read, i picked up an o of shrooms and tripped at 3 am by myself for the first time on them tuesday morning (early).. took 6 caps, had a bad trip and conquered it. went to bed at 630 and woke up at 930... 3 hours of sleep in total...

So my friend who was supposed to trip with me the night prior (but had to head home 45 mins away) calls me and tells me she has enough gas money to come down and trip.. Excellent i think... We took 2 caps each which had us tripping slightly.. this was at about 230pm yesterday. All is well, we go pick up my boy from his house and i give him 2 caps.. My other friend and i decided we wanted to take another each so we did. We smoked for a bit, and a family friend who was painting my house locked his keys in the car so as im shrooming i pop 2 locks open for him with a hanger... a storm starts to roll in and we go sit out on the back patio for a cig and joint.

It was beautiful, everything was going well, until we decided to take another cap each, except for me and my homegirl, we took 1 and a half more, split one. So now me and my friend who drove down to see me are up to 4 and a half caps each and my boy is up to 3... everything is fine and darkness falls, were tripping balls and we went out ot the patio for another cig.. just talking and shit. ,

All of a sudden my homegirl goes inside and says shes going to the bathroom, she comes out 10 minutes later, crying and freaking out (and this girl isnt new to substances, shes one tough cookie) she puked and her trip spun out of control. Until this point i was feeling shitty, but when she got sick, my boy and i took the baton and held down the fort so we could help her... She goes in and talks to my mom, who says she can stay the night (my mom thinking shes sick and knowing she lives an hour away) so im tired as fuck, pupils huge, sweating, go in the room and shit started going downhill.. i realized how fucked up my life had become and what i had to do to change it. I've never felt so confident about anything in my life. My mom came in later and asked what was really up...

I told her. I told her everything i'd been doing these past few years... excessive drugs, slangin, how my life was shit, and now i saw it and i felt like i had been almost reborn. We talked for a good few hours. I started texting all my friends that i was sober and was going to be a new person, i was extremely excited. My homeboy calls me and tells me he has my homegirls key and that he was going to drop it off at 630 before he went to class.

I woke up at 6:17, still feeling great, and changed... 2 minutes later i get a call, hes out front, i told him im done with everything, he said it didnt change anything between us, we hugged, and he left for school. I stayed awake for another 2 hours and went to sleep at 830.

12:30 rolls around and my homegirl peeks in the door as im waking up, she gave me a hug and thanked me for letting her stay the night prior and thanks for being there, we talked for a bit and she came to the conclusion last night that she was done as well. She pulled out a roach and said lets go smoke a bowl bro... We creeped around the neighborhood and smoked a bowl and spoke about the night prior. Packed another bowl, and when it was half done, we both came to the conclusion that we were high enough and needed no more... And this is coming from 2 people who smoke around an o each every 2 days... We had a great conversation, went back to my house and had some mac n cheese and watched 40 yr old virgin.

All in all im glad my life was changed. Im done with these bullshit substances, they just made me feel shitty and i am so thankful and greatful i was able to see this.. i was in pretty deep. Although i never had an addiction to anything (other than herb:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cool: ), a life full of substances is not the one i want to live, and i dont want my life to be based around herb, but when i was dubbed "Sami D" (d for dankinz) around town, it was only appropriate. Ahh yes, i suppose when you find yourself you know it. I without a doubt found myself while under the influence of some potent ass mushrooms.

So i'll close with asking how far is too far? Why do many of us see sobriety as such an inconvenience? Im all for people doing what they want, but i hope if someone is in too deep they recognize it as i did. Im cutting back on the herb alot, slowly but surely, as for every other bullshit substance, i've decided to stop kidding myself and telling myself that the main ingredient in these substances in safe because we really have no idea where anything comes from. I made the decision that i wanted to change, and i was ready to lose friends if thats what it had to come down to. Did i lose friends because of my decision? Nope.. I gained their respect. Mutual respect is a wonderful thing, and im thankful for the people i've surrounded myself with thus far and the fact that we made it through alot of bullshit together just makes us closer.

If you've read this far, you deserve a medal, and thanks for being enthralled enough to make an effort to get where im coming from. According to my family and true friends, the quality of life is only going to get better from here, and i can feel it already.

Sincerely,
    Sam

2. Glad to hear

what else were you doing besides shrooms and weed, anything?

3. I applaud you so much for leaving that type of life bro, and I KNOW it'll help you out tremendously in the long run...as for marijuana, I know you won't stop smoking that, cutting back is a good thing to do sometimes...

Good luck!

4. Cheers, good sir. All your charges hath been dropped.

Love,

The DEA.

5. Thanks guys
    <3

6. Good story bro, proud of you!

My dad has a similar story and now he only smokes weed instead of crack/pills/etc but weed to me still seems clean compared to any of that other stuff.

I get so bored sometimes that it is hard not to drink/smoke but I gotta find a project or something to do after school/work other than friends/TV. The only thing I can think of is start an indoor grow but that isn't all that productive :)

7. Good on you man. Life has to be enjoyable. If substances are getting in the way, you made the right choice. Good luck with all of it.