Too many plants

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by highscores, Nov 4, 2012.

1. So I have 15 3 ft+ females under 2 600 watt hps. They are in the third week of flowering but there is not enough light for all of them. Adding another light would be difficult because of my setup. Right now I'm rotating the plants daily and 2-3 of them are usually farther from the bulb than I would like them. Should I toss some of the weaker plants out or continued rotating? Any advice would e nice. Thanks

2. [quote name='"highscores"']So I have 15 3 ft+ females under 2 600 watt hps. They are in the third week of flowering but there is not enough light for all of them. Adding another light would be difficult because of my setup. Right now I'm rotating the plants daily and 2-3 of them are usually farther from the bulb than I would like them. Should I toss some of the weaker plants out or continued rotating? Any advice would e nice. Thanks[/quote]

I'd probs dangle a few cfls as they don't give off much heat if that's ur concern.,, I'm a noob so tell me 2 shut up if I'm wrong lol

3. I say keep spinning pots as I wouldn't want to throw out any plants I raised to 3'. I would do some pruning and tighten the plants up. It's completely up to you as you have to do the work though. I have the same set up(15 plants w/ 2 600w. I needed a bit more light so I put a 227w led in between the 600watters and it helped without additional heat. Let us know what u decide.

3rd grow-bc big bud

4. Thanks for the replies. Heat isn't the issue, it's the electrical set up. I think I'd have to do some re wiring if I added another grow light, which I'm not planning on for this grow. A low powered led or cfls is probably what I'm going to do. I have lots of cfls. Plus the rotating.