Too many people...

Discussion in 'General' started by plaksa5, Jul 30, 2012.

1. I "know" plenty of people on here. Not "know" in the sense that I've met them in person or anything, but "know" in the sense that there are plenty of people I see around often, and converse with often and have a good idea of their personalities and such.

You really can't judge the whole forum on the game threads. Especially the "do you recognize the poster above you" thread. Most of the people posting in those sorts of threads are pretty new to the forum like yourself. :p

Like some other people mentioned, you should check out other areas of the forum. The technology forum, the movies forum, music, literature, politics, science, gaming, whatever you're interested in.

In time, you'll start seeing familiar faces and you'll start getting to know a fair amount of people around here. We do have over half a million members, but only a fraction of those are people who post on here daily.

And if you ever start getting into GC, you can pay $10 and get a year subscription to the Nirvana forums which are private and generally consists of a more tight-knit group of people. :smoking:

2. #62 Fizzly, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2012

I agree. If you look around, all the others are fucking DEAD compared to here.

I'd rather have too much action than not enough. As someone else said, there's always something new to read here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Just to compare: The fastest forum I was ever on was Howard Stern's in, I believe, 2004, and the traffic was way heavier than on here. If you replied to a post, there might be 2 or 3 new pages on that thread by the time you composed and got your response up.

It was crazy fun, the mods were pretty much in the background and it was free-wheeling. There wasn't much (anything?) you couldn't do or say.

But it burned itself out in a few months and Stern shut it down. There were several spin-offs, a few still active but they all suck now.

3. i would but im dry

[​IMG]

4. shhh dont give them any ideas.

5. Very true points by all of you, I did check out some other areas and I'm already liking it. I must say I could probably take back that "farewell" message.....

I have 4 clips ... We could share a little bowl lol

6. I'll have to consider that too. Thanks! :smoke:

7. I recognize hundreds of regular posters, and even have the mental capacity to miss a few dozen or so members, who've moved on since I arrived. Which by the way, is EASY on a forum with this many people... not harder. How does that work, exactly?

More people = more names to recognize, that's simple common sense if you put just half a moment's worth of thought into it. :eek:

But with your entire week of experience here, I'm sure you know much better than any of us would, when it comes to how 'most members' function on this forum. :p

Just trying to give you a little hard time and let you think about it realistically :) If you stick it out for a few weeks, you'll start recognizing folks, too! :D

8. ^That's gotta be the shortest post I've ever seen by you Kitty.
    And I say that with endearment :D

9. I really can't tell the exact tone of your post, but even if it is total sarcasm or cockiness, I don't care enough to have to go back and forth. So thank you for your input on this very lively subject that hasn't been squashed yet. ;)

EDIT: did not see that last line until I quoted it. Embarassing.

10. Nice. I'm glad your giving GC a second chance.:gc_rocks: But I read you played basketball. Did you just graduate? I'm bringing this up becasue I graduated class of 10, and damn I miss basketball :eek:. I miss everything about it. Even waking up for two-a-days. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed your senior year. Because the older and older you get, the more you wish you could go back and play with a team, and play competitively, or at least that's how it is with me. Welcome again though.:smoke:

11. I did just graduate, class of 2012! haha ... Basketball was a pretty big part of my life. I played as long as I can remember. And honestly, it burned me out. I don't like to brag and anyone around my city would tell you I was humble. I had some D3 schools from area looking at me and a select D2 school that my coach had conects at. And I just didn't want to play anymore. Kind of a bummer that I'll be paying full price for school, but I couldn't see myself enjoying another 4 years of basketball. Maybe in the future I'll miss it, but for now I'm enjoying life :)

12. Just read all of this thread. What a buzz kill, first bad experience ive had on this forum :/

13. The longer your here, the more you tend to lurk around certain areas.

14. Reading this thread was a bad experience for you? lol ... Take another hit guy :smoke:

15. Oh hey, here's another quick GC pro-tip.

The "New Posts" button. It's on the green bar toward the top of the page. That will show you all the most recently posted in threads, in any forum. It's a great way to browse through and find stuff that you're interested in posting in without having to visit several different forums. :D

16. ^That's whats up man. Yeah, I had a couple d3 offers but I decided to go to a bigger school. I still play once in a while, but not as much as i used to.
    Life man, enjoy that shit. It's actually really beautiful.

17. I've been here for a year now and only remember a few people. I could care less though to be honest.

18. That new posts button is almost as good as weed! Good effin' tip haha thanks :love:

I know exactly what you mean bro, the size of those D3 schools can be crazy. I walked across a whole campus in about 3 minutes. I don't want that to be my home you know? I play on occasion too, just to shake the cobwebs off once in while ;) ... Life is pretty beauitful. Be safe dude!

19. Welcome to grass city man, I love this place I can post here without being judged or someone texting me asking if my last post was about them. People are straight forward here and slowly but surely I am recognizing people and I hope people recognize me. I respect everyone till someone give me a reason not to, so watch the name calling.

20. Looks like GC is getting a little more real for ya, as you seem to be working your thread along quite well. :smoke: