Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

too many orange hairs?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by chicken66, Jan 26, 2018.

1. hey got some weed the other day but it's got so many orange hairs it's actually really difficult to grind and it's really fluffy, what causes too many orange hairs? 20180124_180244.jpg 20180124_180442.jpg

• Like Like x 2

2. Orange hairs are good i think:confused_2: i picked up some Casey Jones earlier that has some orange hairs on it :smoke:

IMG_20180125_195945.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  3. Pretty sure it's an strain thing. Nothing wrong with them being there. Trim job doesn't look super awesome though

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. More than usual orange hairs could be an indication of an early harvest but it doesn't have to. Are the calyces normal sized?

• Like Like x 3
  5. It's entirely a strain/genetics thing. Some strains have an over-abundance of orange, red, purple, or sometimes gold-ish hairs. They are most certainly a good thing, the hairs have types of THC in it that give a high a stronger, sometimes cool and different element to it's effects. Also, from the looks of your picture, it's likely the stickiness of that bud that's making it hard to grind, not the hairs. Shit looks dank and tasty, enjoy bruh!

jah!/*d$*:smoking:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Orange/Amber hairs are actually pistils whose sole purpose is to catch airborne pollen.
    If the plant had been allowed to grow a bit longer they would eventually recede back into the calyx but the longer the plant is allowed to grow, the more of a couch-lock effect it has.

Calyx.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Also, what he said. ^^^^ Hahaha.

• Like Like x 1
  8. What did I do... reply to the wrong post.
    Sorry.

9. Genetics.
    No need to worry.

10. Yeah man not a bad thing don't worry about it. It should be good bud. Enjoy

11. Nah dude, you didn't do anything wrong, bro! Just the opposite, I was agreeing with your post!

12. The reason an early harvest can show an abundance of hairs is that they dry and become more brittle at the peak of harvest time (like above scale shows) and many break off before and during harvest. Once I grew a plant to (almost) maturity in a party cup and trained to one cola but I harvested about 2 weeks early and it was almost solid pistils on very small calyces so while it looked pretty it was light and didn't make much smoke. Not bad for a party cup though.

13. That is actually not true. More than usual pistils(orange/red hairs) is an indication of an over ripened plant. If more than 70% of the pistils are orange or red than that is the perfect time to harvest. When you see pistils that are 90-100% orange or red than it means it was left on the plant far too long and the thc has degraded to cbn. So if you equate the abundance of red hairs to the potency of the bud itself, than that is indeed wrong. It may get you high still, but the content of thc has decreased and the cbn has increased which is good for sleep and pain and is less psychoactive than thc.

14. Fuuuuuuck,NM.

• Like Like x 1
  15. We were talking about looking at dry buds. If a dry bud is coated with orange pistils it could indicate it was harvested early because dry pistils more easily break off while harvesting and the more pliant fresh pistils tend to hang on longer. At least that's my experience with harvesting early.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Actually, if you are an experienced grower, you will see that when the flower is immature, it haha white colored stigmas. As the bud matures those pistils turn darker and darker. They will keep getting darker until they are harvested. So that actually has a great deal to do with the color and abundance of the stigmas themselves. So yes it is relevant to the topic. Weather it has been dried or not, it will still have the same amount of orange/red stigmas on the plant as an indicator of when to harvest. Do your fuckin research buddy. I went to oaksterdamn in Oakland, so I actually have the taught knowledge, not just experience.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. You seem to be sorely lacking the experience aspect as you sound like all the forum noobs rolled up as one.
    My earlier edited post was gonna splain how your first post is factually inaccurate.
    I Changed it because I have had this conversation way too many times.
    Oakersterdam is cute quite adorable really.

18. Why the rudeness? When people are intentionally rude for no apparent reason they usually have an agenda so what's yours?

19. Sorry man, just having a bad day. Didn’t mean to take it out on you.

20. Well, I am open to hearing your “facts”. Please “splain” to me how I’m wrong.

• Funny Funny x 1