Too late to start for this summer?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by turtle360, Jun 9, 2015.

1. I got a notion to do something outdoor. Is it too late to start from germ if in the great American northeast? I got some freebies. Strawberry Blue which takes 9-10 weeks to flower and Delicious Cotton Candy which takes 70 days.I also have some Haze or another which is more like 90 days but is suited for outdoors because of size.

2. I don't think its too late. All things considered there's still a good amount of time left in the growing season, you could get away with it. They just wont have as much time to grow. Not the end of the world, I say go for it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Better start now time is ticking away. Every day that passes results in smaller yields.

4. You're fine!  No worries - plants only take a month to get established then it's off to the races.  You'll have all of July and half of August to veg before flower, then the big stretch will hit and those plants will be 6' tall and full of buds.  I put out one of my crops on Aug 1st last year, and those yielded about 6 zips a piece still.  Yours should yield even more than that, depending on how big you dig your holes.  Quick tip - doubling hole size increases yields by up to 43%!