Too late to scrog?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by wolf1927, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Hi guys these plants are just finishing their first week of flowering... is it too late to introduce a scrog net? Thanks in advance [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I run a scrog and I think it's too late, there's not much room left to scrog - but that doesn't mean you can't try. You'd have to remove a shitload of leaves to achieve it. You might just put up the net for support when the colas become heavy and try it on your next grow. A scrog is usually started at late veg stage, with lsting and topping before that. Your plants look beautiful. Congratulations and good luck on a productive harvest.

4 weeks of veg - before switching to 12/12
    5 weeks.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  3. I would if you can do it in the next couple days. Drop it right on it and spread that shit out. Looks like you will pull a nice harvest without though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks guys for your insight... this is my first grow so I'm trying to do everything to the letter of the law lol... might just wait it out and introduce the scrog on my next grow

• Like Like x 2
  5. Where do they sell these scrog kits with the rods?

6. I made mine with pvc and masonry line from home depot.

7. I made mine out of square fencing and attached to the back and sides of my grow room.

I think it's a tad late to do a full scrog, but you can certainly do one for support purposes. Just be extremely careful when pulling the flower tops to other portions of the screen.

Good luck!

8. Scrogs are easily made with metal electrical conduit and corners

9. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. You can simply buy trellis net online, cut it to match your tent size and ziptie the corners to the posts. Trellis net is like $5-10 on amazon. No real need for more posts if you're already working inside a tent with posts.

That being said the main point of using a scrog is to fill up the area evenly. It looks like you've done that pretty well. I don't think it's too late to scrog, but I don't think you need to.

Attached Files:

11. #12 killset, Feb 6, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    Trellis nets have larger holes and do not get tight enough to work well as a scrog net without a frame. I prefer 2" squarea over the trellis much larger holes. It's much easier to keep the plant tucked without big space between the threads. The nets also need to be very tight to keep the plant from pushing it around resulting in an uneven canopy. This is where a full frame comes in handy and not some loose net that's only zip tied in 4 corners. Trellis nets make horrible scrog nets without lots of modification. Usually just easier to make your own.

At this point there's no need to scrog your plants. They look great and filled out the area well. A scrog really wouldn't benifit you. Fill a scrog in veg. Mine looks like this when I flip. This is in a 2x4. I do 1 or 2 plants max. Pvc frame strung tight with masons line. 2"squares. IMG_20151212_235418606.jpg

12. Well what are her other options if not scrog I'm in the same situation