Too late to lollypop?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by RadagastTheStoned, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Past mid flower, buds about to fatten up. I want to know if I can still lollypop these without stunting them. IMG20180906095158.jpg IMG20180906095225.jpg IMG20180906095242.jpg

Sent from my CPH1725 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Im not sure if I would lolipop at this stage man. Latest I lolipop is 7 to 10 days into flower. Maybe remove some of the bigger fan leaves that are blocking bud sites from getting light

3. I lollipop at 14 to 21 days depending on strain . You always want to wait until after the stretch . But since you're already in swelling I wouldnt touch it . Just remember for next time

4. I stopped lolli and all trimming. Frankly, things seem as good or a little better. For whats it worth

5. I agree . I only lollipop and scrog my 2x2 due to height restrictions. When I just let a plant go and train correctly it yields more .

6. I scrog and stopped lolli with no subjective decline in yield. I do think it is good for pest prevention though

7. I defoliate and lollipop multiple times throughout the grow. Yields are usually better when defoliated and the trimming is way easier too. But I wouldn’t touch this plant so late into flower, unless you want balls. Lollipopping is usually done before Flower and again 3 weeks in if it’s a fast grower

8. Agree to disagree . I've had better yields from just training a plant with light defoliation. But when it comes to lollipop I always hit it after the stretch . What's the point in trimming a bunch of stuff below a certain point when you don't know how the plant will look after stretching?

• Like Like x 1
  9. And lollipop/defoliation in my opinion are completely different things . I might take off some of the lower colas or some leaves covering possible colas but a lollipop is removing anything under 2/3 of the plant ( taking off the bottom 1/3)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. When vegging a monster for a few months and keeping it only 12” tall, it doesn’t take long to get choked up with leaves. I usually defoliate and lollipop together.

03A68DE1-AC5F-494E-A002-A9D6D740F13E.jpeg 6A98EA62-D039-4D0D-9FB1-2DAA92331AC7.jpeg

11. Completely different story with a monster crop . That's necessary.

12. Not a monster crop, just a fricken overvegged monster. I have a hard time killing healthy plants and when they don’t fit into the cycle, they end up like this.

13. Know what we call that monster??..............................................................mother

• Like Like x 1
  14. My mother’s went outside a long time ago. That’s bonus medicine for me as I’m consuming the equivalent of over 12 grams of flower a day. She donated a few cuts at the last defoliation this weekend though for the upcoming Clone Wars

I’m gonna call her 3/4 pounder.

• Like Like x 1