too late to lolipop?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by zigzag240, May 15, 2010.

1. so im almost into 2 weeks of flowering and im regretting not pruning the lower growth before i flipped it. my question is this, should i do it now or leave it be? i have had some issues with the lower section not getting enough light and nitrogen problems down there as well with quite a few leaves turning yellow/falling off.

2. The leaves will turn yellow and die, well a few. It's inevitable.

I wouldn't pull any bud sites that aren't stretching, but it's not to late. You're pushing it though. Do it today or tomorrow. BE CONSERVATIVE! You don't want to pull off any place that's growing decent mass.

On a 5-7 node plant i'd only pull off 1 to 2 nodes.

3. If you're going to lollipop, week 2 of flowering is the best time. I went the lollipop route with this current grow, and so far it's turned out great. Depending on how tall your plants are, I would do the pruning over a couple days.

Best of luck!

4. What is lolipop? Obviously some sort of method in the flowering stage, just never heard of it before.

5. Lolipop... Striping off the lower branches that don't receive much light so the plants energy goes into the colas. Plant looks like a lolipop.

6. awesome advice guys. thanks for the quick help! id plus repp ya but i dont know how..

7. look @ someones post, on the top right of the post, theres 2 buttons, one looks like an old school scale, the other is to report a post.