Too late to grow?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bajafresk, Aug 19, 2006.

1. i live in florida...is it too late to grow? the coldest it gets here is like 60-70 F in december. and i think i could grow and harvest by like november if its good. the only thing is it gets dark now by 8 but by then it will be dark by 6. regardless the fall in florida is still brutal, the sun is scorching. anyone know if its too late to grow? or if you live in FL and grow? inside growing is out of the question.

2. you might be alright if u get them in the ground right now

in the winter there gonig to need some care tho

good luck

3. The issue you face is not temp but hours of darkness. Once you get to about 12 hours of darkness per day that triggers flowering in the plant. Your days are getting shorter and nights longer, and nights will be 12 hours long on average in the Northern Hemisphere at the autumnal equinox which is approximately September 21. In Florida you are closer to the equator than the North Pole so your 12 hours of darkness will hit sometime shortly after that, perhaps October 1. So you could grow starting now but you will have small plants.

4. u could grow now u will get a little over a month veg...i think u should go for it... look at it this way: Grow now and get less weed than a full outdoor harvest OR dont grow, wait til next year, and have no weed... ur choice but i would go for it