too late in season?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Project ICE, Aug 11, 2012.

1. I know I started late in the season. (Second week in July) but my plants are coming along very well. Does anyone have any predictions as far as yield.

New jersey
    Average temp 80
    Rain 2 days a week but I put them under the porch for those days (they still get light)
    Organic soil and 7.0 ph water
    Never fertalized
    3 weeks old...approx 11" tall

Attached Files:

2. More pics

Attached Files:

3. nice plants bro what size are the pots?

4. Hmm not sure lol

5. #5 sgtstadanko, Aug 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2012
    Less than a 8th if they even finish. Most plants are starting to flower if not show signs of pre flower. Your plants are not even mature enough for that. They will flower but will be finish with less than 10 hrs of light and the shitty weather u have up there won't help.
    We should save this thread an next year when people ask if it's to late we will say yes and send them to look at this one.

6. Is there anyway I can rush the veg state? I dont have an indoor setup so I can't control light....

7. [quote name='"Project ICE"']Is there anyway I can rush the veg state? I dont have an indoor setup so I can't control light....[/quote]

Nope your plants are not mature enough to start flowering and that is y they haven't yet.

8. Would topping them do anything?

9. yes, topping them will definately make them shoot up to at least 10 footers in a week or so.. you will be rich beyond your wildest dreams.. dont forget the miracle grow!

10. [quote name='"Project ICE"']Would topping them do anything?[/quote]

Oh yea that will take at least 4 days off of vegging for sure.

11. [quote name='"mike trich"']

yes, topping them will definately make them shoot up to at least 10 footers in a week or so.. you will be rich beyond your wildest dreams.. dont forget the miracle grow![/quote]

You don't have to be sarcastic. I'm new at this and I come here for advice not criticism.

I know what topping means and the process of doing it. But I was asking a simple question....does topping the plants lessen the time spent in the veg stage

12. [quote name='Project ICE']I know I started late in the season. but my plants are coming along very well. Does anyone have any predictions as far as yield..

1\2 gram

13. people see a sprout pop up and think they'll never have to buy weed again or never have to work again, like a deer caught in headlights.. it aint happnin for you this year pal.. take this time off to research and learn..

14. [quote name='"Project ICE"']

You don't have to be sarcastic. I'm new at this and I come here for advice not criticism.

I know what topping means and the process of doing it. But I was asking a simple question....does topping the plants lessen the time spent in the veg stage[/quote]

U obviously don't know what topping is or y would u be asking if topping shortens veg time.

15. [quote name='"Project ICE"']

I know what topping means and the process of doing it. But I was asking a simple question....does topping the plants lessen the time spent in the veg stage[/quote]

No, it will slow growth because it stresses the plant. If you start earlier (march/April) it has plenty of time to recover and then has the potential to yield more but in your case it would do more harm than good.

16. [quote name='"sgtstadanko"']

U obviously don't know what topping is or y would u be asking if topping shortens veg time.[/quote]

Did you ever stop to wonder that by doing something...it could serve more than one purpose

17. [quote name='"Project ICE"']

Did you ever stop to wonder that by doing something...it could serve more than one purpose[/quote]

Shock it into flower. Not going to happen. Your plant is not mature enough to flower.

18. Thank you crane game. I appreciate it

19. what happens if you plant seeds in august? that's what i did and i live in utah. nights are starting to get cold (september 3rd) and i don't know how big my yields are going to be. Advice? i read that if you grow in august, it'll come out more bloomier and taller. i'm not sure what to believe, i've seen a lot of opposites on this site :/

20. not sure....but i ended up plant july 17th or something like that.....and my plants look like this now

[​IMG]