Too Hot !!!

Discussion in 'Absolute Beginners' started by wattew, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Hi all...

Plants are doing ok, but the thing is i started using my 400watt hps yesterday and boy is it getting hot in my wardrobe above 30 degrees!!! the plants look to be suffering, i have a large kichen fan extractor at the top 2x computer fans, and oscillating fan blowing in there as well. How do i get that temp down... its denfinatley the biggest issue so far, and an important one i think.

2. HIGH All, the only thing I can think of is to keep your closet door open during lights on.

3. Its a nightmare mate, its the thing I have continual problems with. I started out with an extractor fan for a bathroom but found it wasn't working too well so had to splash out on a decent one from a hydro website and really noticed the difference, I think the proper fans extract more air than the normal kitchen/bathroom one so you may want to try getting one as you need to bear in mind the larger your plants get the hotter its going to get in there too

Good luck

4. last summer, the hot 1... i was a bit pushed for kit so i had a 800w grow vented by a bathroom fan and a window open in another room. doors to both rooms left open a bit.
    if your venting into the same space your getting your cool air from it just isnt going to work.

Grasscity Deals Near You