Too hot

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Malikswann20, Aug 3, 2022.

1. I think imma start doing my grows over the winter or late fall when it's cooler yeah I can run a air conditioner but at more cost to me I been managing to keeps temps at 85 but no lower the highest 94 and my night temps been high too 78 was the lowest my girls are going thru it a lil bit I can tell they are a little yellow going to give them a feeding soon 20220802_202652.jpg 20220802_202631.jpg

Sent from my SM-A025U1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. They look happy

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks a lot they are somewhat I'm just trying to keep them in the best conditions possible so I can get some nice bud in return

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. I've been dealing with indoor temps of 90's+ it's rough. This evening I finally bit the bullet and implemented a second A/C unit. For me, I could already foresee it being an issue for two plants I'm flowering and just want to stop it from even being one. If you have A/C you can put on it, I recommend it. Tonight begins flowering at 20c / 69f. If that's too low, then somebody let me know! Because I got things chilling! haha

• Like Like x 2
  5. I do but It cools the air around the tent and I notice it does drop the degrees a bit inside are there any recommendations for a ac unit I can put inside

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Just rig the one you have to send cold air to your tent rather than figure out a way to put an A/C inside the tent. All you need is some cardboard, and duct-tape :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Gotta it

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. For real, thats a budget pro-tip, something like this, but with the AC properly in the window and the cardboard acting as a reducer directing the cold air into your tent instead. IF your a duct tape master, add a split or 2 to keep some of that cold air in the room as well.

Its not pretty, but it is fairly effective, side note if you don't add a Y or 2 (splits) you may have to open some holes in the cardboard "duct" if you go this route, as a window AC designed to cool a 12x12 room pumped into the 4x4 or smaller tent, will chill it out in a hurry, usually to the determent of the plants.

It will also make your room smell if the volume of air entering the tent, is greater than your exhaust can handle. So if your AC (or intake fan, anything) is pumping 400CFM of cold air into a tent that only has a 200cfm exhaust, that excess 200cubic feet of air is going to be escaping every minute (known as "positive pressure"), taking that dank aroma around the house. Some people love it, but it could be a concern for others.
    [​IMG]

Anyway, in my opinion, sometimes you have to do the best you can with materials on hand, just make sure whatever you do, be safe, and do work that would be...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1

9. ^ Exactly! I am so glad I'm not the only one here who does stuff like this! I save all my cardboard including pizza boxes... everything is useful. Including these dreadful plastic wal-mart bags. I save those too and braid rope with them.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. #10 smokeout69, Aug 4, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2022
    Can u open the tent up? U have fans or filter in there? Nm!

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Yep, I came to that exact decision today as well, im already running ac to keep upstairs cool, im running average 83 degrees in tent, 75% humidity, its too expensive to run 2, I dont HAVE to grow continuously, I have more than enough to do me for a grow season..lol..im saving money then on all accounts, so yep im 2ish weeks from harvest, then lights go out till late October early November or when ever I gotta start heating the house, I cant afford to battle heat and humidity and loose a crop because I cant get the conditions in proper control..this has been a wicked hot/humid summer here and its not like we're used to, like its east coast Canada, where its always foggy and wet, but damn we going WEEKS with no rain just heat!!! Brutal!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Been that way everywhere on the globe....its been killer midwest,U.S

• Like Like x 1
  13. I know, its crazy, Alberta just had a big ass hail storm just like 2/3 days ago that caused so much damage, Newfoundland where im to, is seeing weather and temps unimaginable here, my best friend is living in Georgia and we on the phone bitching over the weather every day..like I'm soooooo over it!! I need sweater weather..lmfao

• Like Like x 2
  14. Yeah im not big on cold either but im burnt out on the heat im sure georgia is smokin rn hope things get better for ya and be safe

• Like Like x 1
  15. Winter is nice but then it means having to heat the room during lights out and for 2 months of flower it’s a lot of energy as well

• Like Like x 2
  16. Yeah but I deal with extra flies in the summertime and I can't stop them from coming inside are flies bad

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. I think I remember you having a post awhile back about growing outside. That's something to consider if you can. Grow some sativas during summer and indica's during winter. You can also use the tent in summer to veg mothers, make seeds or cross. Doesn't take as much wattage/heat to veg.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. I rent so I don't own anything outside our around for that matter lol

19. We don't own our house either, came with my wife's job. One reason I grow autos outside. They don't get big and are done in about 60 days once they go outside. You can always splice your perfect auto indoors. If you just grew outdoors in the summer youd have to get caught sometime in that small timeframe. Plus they would be in pots so if landlord comes over you can just put them in the room you grow indoors

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Yes, but im my case once winter kicks in, I gotta heat the room anyways..lol..im in Atlantic Canada with temp below -35C ..right now I'm burning way more electricity than I'm used to in the summer, so once winter kicks in im used to paying $400+ electricity bills, right now im just wasting money on extra, when I dont have to, im a daily smoker, but I'm not a heavy smoker..a gram does me a day, so im here now sitting on 8+oz..so logistically it doesn't make sense for me to grow during the warm months, I started growing to save money on buying weed, not pay out more on electricity than I would have on buying weed

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1