too hot???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by .HiGhGuY., Mar 13, 2007.

1. hey whats up, i live in so cal and it just decided to get warm...i live on 4th floor of my apartment building. at night the grow area gets up to 95 deg. F and in the day i can't get it below 82 deg. F (thats with a big sliding patio door open and 2 feet away from hydro hut which is also opened up all the way) the temp is higher in dark cycle, because the hyro hut is sealed up and there is a dehumidifer running, but so far, i have to choose in the dark cycle to have really high temps or about 95% humidity, neither is good, but i think humidity is worse because of the mold issues. anyways...in so cal it just decided to start getting warm, and its only going to get worse....think i will have to get an air conditioner? i have central ac in my apartment, but i don't want to run that 24/7 for the whole summer for just an area that is 4.5ft x 4.5ft x 7ft but i figure if i get a portable ac it will cost alot less because it would be cooling such a small area. was kinda hoping a way around it though because the cheapest one is $350 i started out with a 125w cfl light and a wood cabinet...now i've spent about 2g's for my entire setup..and its not even done yet...i'm still planning on getting a nutramist gardens 16 site aeroponic setup...best one (it has the nutramist fogger, that shit is crazy) $700 + shipping/tax fucking government 8.5% thats bullshit also i need a co2 setup will run about $250-350 + shipping/tax (depending on monitoring system) i'm not too worried though, i should be even after my first or 2nd harvest.

i just got a new digi cam it takes some GOOD ASS macro shots, check it out!!!

IS IT JUST ME.?? or does this bud growth look a little slow? i started 12/12 lighting feb 12th. and sex was showing before starting 12/12 cycle. :smoking: :wave:

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      112.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      69.3 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      83.7 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      53.7 KB
      Views:
  2. more pics

Attached Files:

• 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      100.9 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      98.4 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      178.6 KB
      Views:
  3. im still a newbie and still having problems so I cant help ya but I would go with the AC unit was gonna post a link but it cost more than the price you listed.
    I mean really theres no way around it you live in on of the hottest states so Ima end this with nice pics.

4. I live there too and I just got a window a/c unit for $100 from home depot. I set up an intake leading from my ac to the growbox and it lowered box temps from 91 to 75.

5. not bad man...today my hut got up to 99 deg F my plants are probably pissed off, but they are pissing me off, flowering so slow (even before super hotness begun) anyways......your lucky...i have a sliding glass door in my bedroom so a window ac won't work, i have to get a portable one that just sits there and the cheapest one is 350 no any places around here in so cal to get a used or cheap ass ac????

6. if u run co2 you can have temps as high as 95 degrees

7. yeah i've heard about it being ok to have high temps when using co2, but the problem is, co2 is only helpful during the light cycle. but my hydrohut gets the hottest during the dark cycle. because like i said i have to have the dehumdifier running.

8. yeah youve got a problem then i would go with a cheap ass portable a/c .cant you hook up a fan to blow out the warm air from your hut?