Too Hot?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by bobthebastard, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Hi, I'm starting my first grow soon. I will be growing three plants in a 61in (156cm) high, 30in (76cm) wide, and 22in (56cm) deep wardrobe (see attached pic). I was originally planning on buying a 600w HPS lamp, but I am sure that will be way too hot for my closet. So the next choice is 400w HPS but I am worrying that might also be too hot for the limited area. Should I just go with the 400w or step it down to a 250w?
    For ventilation I will be using two 7in desk fans for intake and exhaust and possibly a 3rd one oscillating inside. I have no idea what the CFM of them is because it doesn't say anywhere on the box. They aren't too pathetic but obviously not that powerful either.
    I will be drawing in just room temperature air with the fan. It is usually quite cold outside where I live so I could have a duct for the intake going out my window, but I also have to live in the room where the wardrobe is so I'd don't really want to be freezing all day long.
    I have a fairly tight budget so I don't want to buy an expensive cooling system.
    Obviously I want to get the most out of my plants as I can, so I'd rather not get the 250w unless you guys really think heat would be too much of a problem otherwise.
    Thanks a lot.

Attached Files: