Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Too good to be true?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TokinginBama, Aug 5, 2011.

1. My girlfriend and I have been together a few months, and smoking has come up a few times. She told me she has in the past, but she says she hasn't since the beginning of the year, which is probably true. She knows I smoke regularly, but she never really asks questions about it. We've never smoked together.

But when we first got together, we smoking had not come up.

One night when we had been together about a month, I got high by myself before we and some other people out to a concert (heck, it's a concert). I was clearly baked, and she asked why my eyes were red. Said I was tired.

She recently found out from a friend I was baked that night, and she chuckled and asked why I didn't tell her. I told her since we hadn't talked about it, I didn't want it to be an issue. She laughed and said she doesn't care.

I was expecting her to make it big deal, but she didn't. She says she doesn't look down on smoking at all.

All this to say, I don't want to take advantage of a good thing. She knows we're in college and I'm going to smoke, but should I not bring it up all the time around her? Anybody have any suggestions? I smoke everyday, but I don't want her knowing...even if she is cool with it.

2. Just don't do it before you see her.. It doesn't matter what you do alone. Always be sober with her.

3. You know your girl better than anyone else bro, what do you think is right?

4. Wow...insecure mutha..

5. I don't understand what the big deal is? There are plenty of girls who could smoke most guys on this forum under the table. Why does it matter if she knows? maybe she's a bigger pothead than you?

Plus, if you have to hide your daily smoking from your girl, whats the point of being with her? Are you going to hide your weed and spray air freshener every time she comes over? That shit's going to get old fast.

6. and let me guess. When you say you're in college, do you mean you just graduated high school this year and will be starting college in the fall?

Only took me a day or two in college to realize that almost everyone in college smokes, does harder drugs, and is completely cool with it even if they dont do it personally.

Weed isn't a big deal at all in college bro.

7. Nah, I'm about to be a junior. Smoking isn't really all that common here in the deep south. A few people do, but alot of people are sketched out by it.

8. Why don't you want her to know, even if she's cool with it?

9. You ever think she might want to try blazin with you?

10. really? do harder drugs as in a weekend warrior way or as in abusing way?

11. We definitely will. Just don't want her thinking all I do is sit around and smoke...even though I definitely do haha.

12. thats good to hear man..

she gave you the green light so might as well continue enjoying the herb. but remember not to do it, theres always a time and place..

for example, dont get smacked before a family dinner at her house and be obnoxious, then she might have a problem with it..

but it sounds like she wouldnt care if you toked up before a movie or something if she didnt care about the concert, hell might as well offer cuz she might toke up with ya..

jealous of you man!

13. I don't understand, why don't you just talk to her.

14. In my experience it would definitely be weekend warrior usage. But, that being said, prescription drugs are abused so frequently in college (at least around me) that you could pretty much consider it hard drug usage. I know more than a few people who crush up a pill 7 or 8 times a day.

And OP, the best thing you could do is talk to her about it, especially if it isn't a huge deal to her.

15. Ask her to smoke

16. Meh, personally, I would get it all out of the way early on. Make it clear what I do cause I know it's gonna slip out in little bits if I don't tell at first. If you talk to me enough, you'll find out what I really do.

And I don't like fudging answers and not telling funny stories because I'm doing something I don't want them to know about, when I really do want them to know.

I missed out on a great guy because I straight up told him that I smoked, which is when he told me he is straightedge. Oh well, it's for the better. It woulda hurt more any later.

I'd be straight with her.

17. intelligent use as in dosing it out or retarded use as in just swallowing a bunch and dropping over dead?

18. I went to college in Statesboro, Georgia, doesn't get much deeper south than that :)