Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Too good to be true?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by CasualSmoker024, Feb 4, 2013.

1. A friend of mine told me that one of his friends who deals is changing product, and doing a fire sale type thing to get rid of what he has before he changes product. He says he could hook me up with 20 grams of hash for 180$. Here prices are a bit more expensive, and 180$ would usually get me around a quarter ounce of hash. Does this sound too good to be true? I've had experience being hustled when it comes to hash, so I'm a bit on edge, from a hookup that this same friend had supplied me with too. Anyway, I think it's pretty sketchy that they're selling it so cheap, but I'm wondering if maybe they actually get it that cheap that they make maybe a slight bit, or at least come out even on this. Anyway, my question to you guys is, is this too good to be true? The price seems so great, and it seems like a good opportunity to not only pick up some very affordable hash, but also to make a little bit of money selling a little bit of it to friends for more of a standard price. Does this sound a bit sketchy to you guys? It's pretty close to 3 times as much as what I would usually get paying for that. Hopefully some of you more experience tokers have some knowledge on how much of a profit dealers sell at and stuff like that. I feel like they would be losing money on this deal, which makes no sense. But I could be wrong

2. If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. Espically if you said you've already have problems with hookups the friend has gave you in the past, in which case I highly suggest not bothering, and possibly being 180$ up.

Worst scenario if you dont go with it, is that you have 180$ and can buy a 1/4.
    Worst scenario if you do go through with it, you get robbed and lose 180$ + and cant buy a 1/4.

3. I invited my friend to smoke it and he's down. He's close friends with the guy, so I figure he would know if anything was up. Worst case, we'll try it together, and my friend will get his guy to reimburse me if it doesn't seem like a fair deal. Hopefully all goes well and I end up getting a deal of a lifetime, if not, I think it's 50/50 that I get my money back. I'm praying for the best case scenario that it's the deal that they're telling me it is!

4. Just look at it first? :confused:

5. I plan on it, but I've only ever smoked hash once, and I know it comes in a lot of different shapes, colors, consistencies, all that, so it's hard for me to determine what is, and what isn't hash. That being said, what can I say to make the dealer feel and act uneasy if he's trying to rip me off, without getting annoying if he's actually just giving me a good deal?

6. My friend is a sneaky one, he was sort of.. knd of, in the same position as you at one point in time. He texted his dealer being like, "Oh! Did I tell you I gotta new scale? I let ya buy it off me after I use it." lol. Sure enough his dealer came with exactly the correct amount, before that he would always short him.

As for what it looks like.. I guess you'll just need to have your friend present with you.

7. 20g of hash for 180? holy fuck

8. I traded a 1993 honda civic, with 180k miles for a vw passat 01 with 130k miles. I thought it was too good to be true, miracles happen my man

9. You know that just sounds bad. If your friend is close friends with the guy he could be in on the scam. If a "friend" rips you off once, he's going to do it again and again. Like a few others have said, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is, don't be naive and succumb to your own greed and end up getting ripped off.

If you have other dealers you can go through, it would probably be a good idea to change.

10. Big warning sign. If it sounds......well you know.

11. Learn more about hash.
    then
    Just check if it looks like quality stuff and weigh it. Man it ain't that hard.