Too Early?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Rolling_Stoned, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Well I'm going to start growing soon. I have a barn at my house that no one use's. Im going to grow both inside and outside. I know it's to early to start the outside grow. The only qeustion is it to early to start an inside grow? This may seem like a stupid question but the barn is not insolated in the part where my main growing will happen. There is a hayloft in the upper level that is insolated but it's not very big. So if I started to grow in the none insolated part would my plants die? Thanks for the help.

2. since your in Minnesota I would guess that it's probably too cold. Have you thought about building a grow box up there?

3. What exactly is a grow box? I was just going to some clay pots with some lights. Is a grow faster? Any help would be nice thanks.

4. Grow Boxes help maintain humidity and temperature, and smell...not to mention it helps stealth your grow ALOT

Just get an old cabinet or something...configure some lights in there, paint the walls white, make a drip system to water your plants..get a timer...and voila your marijuana grows itself!

What I am doing is I just got a rubbermaid plastic tub...I lined the inside with Mylar (reflective stuff) and set a lamp in there with a 60 watt 995 lumen watt flourescent bulb..Bins in my closet, extension cord runs out of it behind my bed...(out of veiw) there is blankets over the top of the palstic tub and a top for the lkid..put top o nthrow blanekts over so its light tight...tThen just let the lamps on all day and visit once in a while to get some CO2 flow to your plant and for watering...

Thats the poor man way...grow box plans and instructions you should find elsewhere if your really serious about growing..

5. there are some grow box designs here and at overgrow.com. You can build it out of just about anything to be whatever size you need. It will help you isolate your plants so you can control all the variables involved in growing. There was a guy on overgrow that built a good sized grow box in his attic, insulated it, and made sure incoming air came from inside his house. That way it wasn't affected by attic temperatures.

6. well im inside my houes with the heat on and clothes and im freezing cold, so now isnt the best time to start them.