Too Early To Start Topping?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TastyWinterBuds, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Hi Guys growing chemdawg in coco + perlite mix she is very small but already starting her 5th node. Is it too early to top?

I plan on putting her in a SCROG later on she is now small and compact with nodes very close to each other but I know chemdawg stays small then all of a sudden explodes.

Added a lighter for scale

Also not sure if I should go for the top or fim

Attached Files:

2. There appears to be a bit of yellowing but still healthy strong growth. If you think the plant is healthy and on track then yes top it, otherwise just give it a while. Worst case scenario you end up with an uneven scrog.

3. Yeah, rule of thumb ive been told by other cultivators, is to wait until there are 3 nodes at least. Looks to me you have 3, but i could be mistaken what i think a node is? im here to learn too!

4. 5 nodes or u will slow down the recover rate

5. No you're good and it's time. pinch that top tiny branch.

Take a look at these pics, same stage, before and after. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1438841220.180305.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1438841271.587462.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1438841310.908797.jpg